
Sheraton Batumi: Georgia's Most Stunning Hotel Awaits!
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the glittering, slightly chaotic world of the Sheraton Batumi. "Georgia's Most Stunning Hotel Awaits!" they say. Let's see if those words hold water, shall we? This ain't just a review; it's a full-blown sensory excavation.
Accessibility: A Mixed Bag, Mostly…
Okay, let's be real, accessibility is always a crucial consideration. The Sheraton Batumi does tout "Facilities for disabled guests," which is a good starting point. (Accessibility, Facilities for disabled guests) I wasn't personally using a wheelchair, but I always keep an eye out. I'm hearing that there are elevators, of course (thank GOD! Elevator), but specifics about ramps, accessible rooms and all that jazz…well, that might require digging deeper. Honestly, call ahead and ask. Don't be shy about asking. Seriously. Don't get stuck.
On-site accessible restaurants / lounges: This is something I would have to delve into further. Do they have ramps at every entrance? Braille menus? Accessible restrooms in every location? More investigation is needed.
Wheelchair accessible: See above. More research required. I'd call the hotel directly.
Rooms: A Bit of Luxury with a Side of Imperfection (in a good way!)
Let's talk rooms. (Available in all rooms) The essentials are there: Air conditioning (praise the Lord!), Alarm clock (for those who aren't already checking their phones like the rest of us), Bathrobes (yes, yes, YES!), Bathroom phone (because…why not?), Bathtub, Blackout curtains (a MUST for me, thank you), Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker (essential for surviving this review, frankly), Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping (which, let's be honest, is a lifesaver), Desk, Extra long bed (always a win), Free bottled water (hydration is key!), Hair dryer, High floor (gotta love those views!), In-room safe box (peace of mind!), Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar (temptation central!), Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Satellite/cable channels, Scale (gulp), Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens.
Whew! That's a lot. The beds? Utterly delicious. Seriously, I could have slept for a week straight. They are an oasis of comfort. The views were, as promised, stunning. I snagged a room on a high floor, which I highly recommend. The feeling of waking up to the Black Sea…just… wow. The slight imperfections? Minor things, like a slightly wobbly toilet seat and a mini-bar stocked with a suspiciously outdated Kit Kat. But hey, that's real life, right? And honestly, it just added to the charm.
Cleanliness and Safety: They Seem to be Trying
Cleanliness and safety are more important than ever, I'd wager. They tick a lot of boxes: Anti-viral cleaning products, Breakfast in room (luxury!), Cashless payment service, Daily disinfection in common areas, Doctor/nurse on call, First aid kit, Hand sanitizer, Hot water linen and laundry washing, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment, CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Exterior corridor, Fire extinguisher, Front desk [24-hour], Non-smoking rooms, Safety/security feature, Security [24-hour], Smoke alarms. It’s a lot to take in, but you get the feeling they're trying their best in the current climate. The hand sanitizer dispensers were everywhere, and I caught staff constantly wiping down surfaces.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Eat All the Things!
Alright, food. My favorite topic. (A la carte in restaurant, Alternative meal arrangement, Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Bar, Bottle of water, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, International cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar, Restaurants, Room service [24-hour], Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant) You've got choices. So many choices. The breakfast buffet was a glorious, slightly overwhelming experience. Picture this: a dizzying array of everything you could possibly want, from fresh fruit and pastries to…well, let's just say I may have sampled everything. The omelet station was a personal highlight. And the coffee? Surprisingly decent. They also have an Asian restaurant, which I didn't try, but my travel companion raved about. The Poolside Bar is a must-do, complete with cocktails and that glorious view. Room service [24-hour] is a dangerous thing, but I succumbed to the siren call of a midnight burger one night. No regrets. It was glorious. The Snack bar is a lifesaver in between meals.
Things to Do, Ways to Relax: Spa Day Every Day?
Body scrub, Body wrap, Fitness center, Foot bath, Gym/fitness, Massage, Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor], Okay, let's talk self-care. This place is a haven. The Spa is…well, let's just say I spent a significant portion of my time there. I'm not usually a spa person, honestly, but something about being pampered while gazing out at the Black Sea…it's magical. The Massage was divine. I’m getting all weak-kneed just thinking about it. They also have a Pool with view, a Fitness center, a Sauna, a Steamroom, and a Swimming pool [outdoor]. I also tried the Foot bath, which was a bit…weird. But hey, new experiences, right?
Services and Conveniences: Smooth Sailing
Air conditioning in public area, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center The amenities are plentiful, as one would expect. Daily housekeeping, a Concierge always ready to help, are things you'll definitely appreciate. Contactless check-in/out is a modern convenience I adore. Having a Gift/souvenir shop? Great for last-minute gifts. And they seem to have meetings, seminars, and events. The Elevator is a must, etc. It’s all very convenient.
For the Kids: A Family Affair?
Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal, I don't have kids, so I can't personally vouch for the kid-friendliness, but they definitely offer services, including a Babysitting service and Kids facilities. They advertise as Family/child friendly, so, if you have kids, it is worth checking into. Getting Around:
Airport transfer, Bicycle parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking I used the Taxi service to get around, which was perfectly fine. The fact that they have both Car park [free of charge] and on-site is great, as is the valet parking.
In a Nutshell: The Honest Truth
Look, the Sheraton Batumi is definitely a premium hotel. It's got the views, the amenities, and the general air of luxury. It's not perfect, of course. Nothing ever is. But the staff were friendly, the rooms were comfortable, and the spa…well, the spa made it all worthwhile. The minor hiccups were things you could brush off or find endearing, depending on how much of a princess you are. I had a fantastic time.
My Quirky Takeaway:
Jakarta's HOTTEST New Studio: Signature Park Grande Luxury Awaits!
Okay, buckle up, buttercup, because this ain't your grandma's itinerary. We're going to Batumi, Georgia, and we're doing it my way. Emphasis on "my way." Prepare for chaos, questionable decision-making, and possibly questionable selfies. This is the real unvarnished truth.
Sheraton Batumi: Survival Guide/Embarrassments on the Black Sea
Day 1: Arrival & Jet Lagged Shenanigans (AKA: Where's the Vodka?)
10:00 AM (Local Time): Arrive at Batumi International Airport. The plan was smooth, cool, collected. Reality? Me, looking like a rumpled map of a human being, clutching my carry-on like it contained the last slice of pizza on earth. Passport control: I’m pretty sure the guy in the booth saw me, gave a tiny, knowing smile. "Welcome to chaos, my friend," it seemed to say.
11:00 AM: Taxi to the Sheraton. Oh, the Sheraton! Majestic promises of seaside elegance. The taxi driver, bless his mustache, took a scenic route, which included, let's be honest, looking at more stray dogs than sea views. But hey, a culture immersion!
12:00 PM: Check-in. This is where the facade of composure crumbled. I am an addict of checking in early. I had to resist the urge to beg for an upgrade. The room? Stunning, of course. But jet lag, you beautiful, vicious beast, had me in its clutches. I immediately forgot the sea view, and made a beeline for the bed, not caring for the view.
1:00 PM: Attempt to sleep. Fail. Brain screaming, "WAKE UP! EVERYTHING IS NEW AND EXCITING!". Body, though, stubbornly refuses. Commence the internal battle of wills.
2:00 PM: Surrender to the inevitable: wandering the hotel in a hazy daze. Found the pool. Thought about jumping in. Reason prevailed: The pool was filled with very serious people. Ended up staring wistfully at the turquoise water, fantasizing about a long soak.
3:00 PM: The quest for coffee…and maybe some Georgian wine. The hotel cafe was, like, fancy fancy. I was still in my travel clothes, and I looked out of place amongst the impeccably dressed people. So, I did what any self-respecting, jet-lagged traveler would: I bought a croissant and pretended the coffee was the best I’d ever had, even though it was probably lukewarm at best.
4:00 PM: Attempt to find a restaurant. Failed. Again. Ended up back in the bar, attempting something that vaguely resembled a margarita, and failing. This thing tasted like a combination of sadness and watered-down lime juice.
6:00 PM: Room Service. Bless room service. Ordered a mountain of food; felt no shame. Comfort food. The best part? I ate half of it in bed. The rest, I left at the door.
8:00 PM: Sleep. (Maybe?)
Day 2: Batumi Boulevard & Seaside Regrets
9:00 AM: Wake up, surprisingly, relatively fresh-ish (I’m pretty sure I hallucinated a tiny elf that was serving me breakfast in the middle of the night). Breakfast at the Sheraton. This was where the “stunning views” really hit home, and the breakfast buffets were indeed amazing. They have everything! (except for the breakfast burrito I wanted, they just had eggs, and cheese, but it was still pretty good.)
10:00 AM: Batumi Boulevard. Finally. The sea! So beautiful! I attempted to do some of the activities they have on offer, but it was far too early in the day for that. (I was still recovering from the previous night's mishaps.)
11:00 AM: The Ali & Nino Statue (aka: the moving heart): So romantic. So dramatic. The way the two statues moved towards each other, then passed through each other, was beautiful. I felt all the feels. Got an obligatory selfie with it, of course.
12:00 PM: Lunch at a seaside restaurant. Ordered Khachapuri – the Georgian cheese bread! OMG. I could eat this every day. It was like cheesy, eggy heaven. It was also so much that I had to leave half of it, but the pleasure… pure pleasure.
1:00 PM: Regrets. All the regrets. After overeating, I regretted not hitting the pool earlier.
2:00 PM: Wandered around, got lost, found a market full of souvenirs. Bargained like a pro (I think). Brought back way too much stuff that I have no use for.
4:00 PM: Back to the Sheraton. Needed a nap. The jet lag was returning.
6:00 PM: Sunset. Beautiful. Contemplated my life, the sea, and if I could survive without the Khachapuri. Took a million photos. Tried to capture the magic, but it's impossible.
7:00 PM: Dinner at a restaurant recommended by the concierge: Excellent. Tried Georgian wine. Became slightly obsessed with Georgian wine. Drank too much Georgian wine.
9:00 PM: Karaoke night at some weird bar filled with locals. I am, unfortunately, a bad karaoke singer. I think I'm good until I open my mouth. Still, I sang “Bohemian Rhapsody” and had the time of my life.
11:00 PM: Bed. Again.
Day 3: The Mountaintop (And a Potential Tourist Disaster)
9:00 AM: Breakfast. Again. This time, I ate all the pastries. No regrets.
10:00 AM: Gearing up for a day trip to the mountains. The views sounded phenomenal. I envisioned myself as a rugged adventurer. I packed nothing but a small backpack, camera, and a bottle of water. I think I may have also forgotten to apply sunscreen.
11:00 AM: The cable car! The most spectacular views! This part was truly amazing. The whole city spread out like a glittering tapestry below. And the mountains! Jagged, majestic. I felt like I was on top of the world. I even took a picture (for the gram!).
12:00 PM: Exploration. I attempted to walk along a trail, but it was long and grueling and I'm quite sure the heat was punishing me.
1:00 PM: Lunch: Simple: a water bottle that I bought at the hotel, and a few snacks leftover from breakfast.
2:00 PM: The return trip. It was hot. I was tired. My face was starting to resemble a badly sunburned lobster. I was slightly regretting my lack of sunscreen.
4:00 PM: Back at the hotel. Shower. Slathered on some aloe vera gel. Vowed to never underestimate the power of the sun again.
6:00 PM: Final dinner at a fancy restaurant (because why not?).
8:00 PM: Packing. Sigh.
Day 4: Departure…and Memories (Mostly Good Ones)
9:00 AM: Final breakfast. Savoring the view one last time.
10:00 AM: Check out. Said goodbye to the friendly staff, who probably thought I was a bit of a mess.
11:00 AM: Taxi to the airport. One last look at the Black Sea out the window.
12:00 PM: Departure. Sad to leave. Already planning my return.
Quirky Observations & Emotional Reactions:
- The Georgian people are incredibly warm and welcoming. Even when you're stumbling around in a jet-lagged haze, they smile and try to help.
- The food is incredible. Prepare to gain weight. It's inevitable. Embrace it.
- Batumi is a city of contrasts. Modern architecture clashes with old-world charm. It's a place that embraces the chaos, and it really grows on you.
- The Sheraton? Comfortable, beautiful, perfect for melting into to start your Batumi journey.
- I fell in love with Georgia. The food, the people, the sea, the mountains… it's a magical place. And I can't wait to go back.
Final Thoughts:
This itinerary isn't perfect. It's not polished. It's me. And that's the whole point. Travel should be about embracing the imperfections, the surprises, and the moments that make you laugh, cry, and want to come back for more. Batumi, you delivered. I can't wait to come back!
(P.S. - Don't forget the sunscreen.)
Penghu Paradise: Liberty Tower's Boutique Escape!
Sheraton Batumi: Georgia's Jewel Box – Or Maybe Just a Glitzy Seashell? Let's Get Messy!
Okay, so, is Sheraton Batumi *really* as amazing as everyone says? Like, seriously, is it worth the hype?
Alright, buckle up, because this is where things get... complicated. Look, the pictures? Yeah, they're *stunning*. Gleaming glass, that iconic Ferris wheel view... it's postcard-perfect. And honestly, when you first walk in, you're hit with that classic "luxury hotel fragrance" – like a cloud of expensive dreams. So, initial impressions? Pretty damn good.
But here's the thing: real life ain't a Pinterest board. I went expecting pure perfection and, well... let's just say there were moments. Like, the time I tried to order room service at 3 AM after a night of "exploring" Batumi's nightlife (more on *that* later). The phone system was apparently possessed by a gremlin. I’m pretty sure I spoke to four different people, each more confused than the last, before finally getting a lukewarm club sandwich that tasted vaguely of despair. Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a little about the despair... but the sandwich was definitely disappointing.
So, yes and no. The views are epic, the lobby is gorgeous, but remember that phrase: "Expectations versus reality." It's a rollercoaster, folks. A very pretty rollercoaster, but still a rollercoaster.
The rooms! Are they actually as luxurious as they look online? And what about the view from the Ferris Wheel facing rooms?
Right, the rooms. Ooh, the rooms. Okay, *some* of the rooms are definitely living the dream. Plush beds, gigantic windows (seriously, bring your sunglasses!), and those marble bathrooms that are basically begging for a bubble bath. My advice? Splurge on the Ferris wheel view. Seriously. It’s worth it. Watching that sucker light up at night while you’re sipping wine on your balcony? Pure, unadulterated magic. Like, forget the spa, this IS your spa.
However… and here’s where the "reality" part kicks in again. One time – *ahem* – I ended up in a room that seemed to have forgotten about its daily dose of sunlight. It was kinda… gloomy. And the air conditioning sounded like a jet engine preparing for takeoff. I tried to complain, but honestly, the language barrier made it more frustrating than it was worth. I just learned to love the jet engine and the perpetually overcast ambience. (Okay, maybe I'm being dramatic again. But seriously, get the Ferris wheel view.)
Plus, the lighting in the rooms felt very… hotel. Like, designed to make you look vaguely orange in every selfie. Pro tip? Pack a portable ring light, you influencer, you.
What about the food? Is the dining experience as good as the hotel itself?
The food... ah, the food. This is where my experience gets a little… schizophrenic. The breakfast buffet? Holy moly. It’s a carb lover’s paradise. Fresh breads, pastries, omelet stations, mountains of fruit… you name it, they've got it. I may or may not have eaten my weight in croissants daily. Regret? Maybe a little. Deliciousness? Absolutely.
Dinner, however, was a more mixed bag. I tried the Italian restaurant. Beautiful setting, but the pasta was… well, let's just say I've had better. And the service was a little, shall we say, *leisurely*. One time, the waiter forgot my order *entirely*. He was very apologetic, bless his heart, but the whole thing felt a little… off. The Georgian restaurant was better, mind you. Delicious khachapuri (cheese bread, people! Get ready to be obsessed) and some seriously tasty grilled meats. So, yeah – breakfast = heaven. Dinners? Take your chances.
Honestly, I spent most of the trip wandering around Batumi and testing the local restaurants. You won't find many of the Sheraton's finer qualities elsewhere in town, so you really might want to sample the local fare!
Give me the lowdown on the pool and other amenities. Are they worth it?
The pool? Okay, the pool is glorious. Sparkling water, comfy loungers, a swim-up bar... pure relaxation. Especially after a long day of negotiating the chaotic Batumi streets and the (admittedly amazing) sights. I spent entire afternoons there, soaking up the sun and pretending I was a glamorous movie star. (I'm not, but a girl can dream, right?)
There’s also a spa. I’m not a "spa person" by nature, but even I was tempted. Didn’t go, though. Too busy eating croissants, obviously. They have a decent gym too, if you're into that kind of torture. Seriously, though, the pool is the star. If you're a pool person, the Sheraton is practically paradise. I would go again just for that. Worth it? Absolutely. Definitely worth it. Pack extra sunscreen.
How’s the location? Is the Sheraton well-placed for exploring Batumi?
The location? Actually, it's pretty darn good. Right on the beachfront, so easy access to the sea (if you're brave enough to swim in the Black Sea – it's… bracing, to put it mildly). You're close to the famous Batumi Boulevard, the dancing fountains, and plenty of restaurants and bars. Walking distance to a lot of the central attractions.
However, remember that "chaotic Batumi streets" comment? Yeah. Traffic can be a mess, especially during peak season. Walking is often easier (and less stressful). But, you know, taxis are everywhere, and they're relatively cheap. It's a good base for exploring, but be prepared for a bit of hustle and bustle. This isn't a secluded resort, it's right in the middle of the action. Which is kind of awesome, once you get used to it.
What should I *really* know before booking a stay at the Sheraton Batumi? Any insider tips?
Okay, listen up. Here's the real stuff. Firstly, book a room with a sea view. And if you can swing it, make it the Ferris Wheel side. You will not regret it. Second, pack earplugs. Trust me. The city can get noisy at night, and the air conditioning unit in that one problematic room *still* haunts my dreams.
Third, be prepared for the inevitable – you will inevitably encounter someone with a problem, especially during peak season. Patience is key. Don't be afraid to speak up if something isn't right, but do it with a smile (it goes a long way) and a healthy dose of understanding.
Fourth, explore Batumi! Don't just stay glued to the hotel. Get out there, eat the food, get lost in the narrow streets, and experience the real Batumi. The Sheraton is a great jumping-off point, but Batumi itself is the true star of the show.
Stay Finder Review

