
Lefkada's Hidden Gem: Unbelievable Marmara Studios Await!
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to spill the tea… or maybe the Ouzo… on Lefkada's Hidden Gem: Unbelievable Marmara Studios Await! This isn't your polished, corporate-speak review. This is me, your weary traveler soulmate, sharing the REAL deal because, frankly, I've been on the internet looking for ACTUAL reviews for months.
First Impressions: The Cliffhanger… (And a Bit of a Steep Hill!)
So, the "Hidden Gem" part is spot on. Getting there? Well, let's just say my Fiat's little engine prayed the whole way up the winding road. Seriously, I thought we were going to have to push. But hey, that climb? Worth it. The view from the Marmara Studios? Chef's kiss. Absolutely soul-enriching. Panoramic. Breathtaking, even. Like, stop-you-in-your-tracks gorgeous. And that, my friends, is what you're paying for: the escape.
Accessibility? Eh… Let's Be Honest.
Okay, so I’m not using a wheelchair myself. But if you're looking at Accessibility, this ain’t it for the most part. I saw no dedicated paths, no lifts, and though they list Facilities for disabled guests, based on the lay of the land… it ain’t there. Definitely ask the folks at the Front desk [24-hour] beforehand. This is where you check-in/out using the contactless check-in/out. They’re super helpful, but the physical build might not be ideal at all.
Sanitation & Safety: (Finally!) a Sigh of Relief.
After the drama of booking, pandemic, and travelling, the cleanliness was next level. They've got it figured out. The Anti-viral cleaning products are real, the Rooms sanitized between stays, and there are even those little bottles of Hand sanitizer EVERYWHERE. Daily Daily disinfection in common areas and the staff are trained in Staff trained in safety protocol. I saw the cleaning crew doing their thing, and it's a well-oiled machine. If you're paranoid about germs (and who isn't these days?), you can breathe easy. They also have Sterilizing equipment, Hygiene certification, and are big on Physical distancing of at least 1 meter. I even saw a doctor/nurse on call, and that’s reassuring. Now, I didn't see them use Professional-grade sanitizing services, but it's safe!
They even have a Room sanitization opt-out available.
The Safe dining setup is particularly well thought out. The kitchen is Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, they use Individually-wrapped food options, and have Hand sanitizer and they've removed Shared stationery removed.
The Food Glorious Food! (Or, How I Ate My Way Through Greece)
Okay, foodies, listen up. The Dining, drinking, and snacking options are… delicious. Forget your usual lukewarm hotel buffet. This is something else.
- Restaurants: They had several, all serving up deliciousness. You can get a meal in the A la carte in restaurant and a Buffet in restaurant.
- Breakfast: The Breakfast [buffet] was good and had a good range.
- The Bar: There is a bar and the poolside bar makes killer cocktails so be ready everyday for Happy hour.
- Coffee and snacks: They had a Coffee/tea in restaurant, and a Coffee shop.
- Cuisine: The restaurant had International cuisine in restaurant, and also an Asian breakfast and Asian cuisine in restaurant,
- Other Goodies: They have Bottle of water you can get, Desserts in restaurant, Salad in restaurant, Soup in restaurant, and a Vegetarian restaurant. There are also Breakfast takeaway service and Breakfast in room.
Important Note: They have Alternative meal arrangement, so if you had something to tell them about your diet, be prepared!
Important note #2: I absolutely devoured the Western cuisine, especially the Western breakfast. Just saying.
Relaxation Station: Spa, Views, and…More Views!
Right. Let’s talk about the good stuff. The Pool with view is the undisputed star. Pure bliss. Just you, a cocktail, and the Ionian Sea stretching out forever. Forget the world. Forget your inbox. Just… breathe.
- Spa: Get ready to melt into a puddle of relaxation at the Spa, Spa/sauna. They had Body scrub and Body wrap.
- Sauna: This hotel has a Sauna and Steamroom.
- Pools: There is a Swimming pool and an Swimming pool [outdoor].
- Massage: Don't miss the Massage. Seriously, book one ASAP.
- Foot bath: There is also a Foot bath.
- Fitness: Yep, the Gym/fitness will keep you in tip-top shape.
And honestly? The views from the Terrace… forget about it. Romantic, quiet, and perfect for a lazy afternoon with a book.
The Rooms: A Little Bit of Heaven (With a Few Quirks)
The rooms are comfy. They have Air conditioning, and are Non-smoking rooms. Every room included Available in all rooms with an Additional toilet, Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], and a Window that opens.
*In-room dining: I was able to have breakfast in bed, Breakfast in room.
- The good: Spotlessly clean, comfortable beds, and those balconies! Heaven!
- The less good: The decor is a little… traditional. And the WIFI, while Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!, wasn't always the fastest. (But hey, you're on vacation, right?)
- The quirky: I had an "Extra long bed." And that’s a pro.
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter
They've got everything you could need, with a whole bunch of help.
- Airport transfer and Taxi service, super convenient.
- Concierge is ready to help,
- Car park [on-site] and Car park [free of charge] are available.
- Daily housekeeping (thank you, angels!), Dry cleaning, Laundry service, and Ironing service.
- Currency exchange is available.
- There’s Luggage storage, should you need it.
- They also have an Elevator.
Additional Extras:
- Car power charging station, (how thoughtful).
- Business facilities available, and Business facilities available.
- Facilities for disabled guests.
- Gift/souvenir shop.
- On-site event hosting.
- Safety deposit boxes.
- Shrine.
- They have Smoking area, if you care.
- There is a Terrace.
- Cashless payment service available.
- Invoice provided.
- Doorman to help with things.
For the Kids (and the Young at Heart):
It’s great with Family/child friendly, the Kids facilities looked great, and I even saw some happy kids getting Babysitting service.
But Seriously…Why Book?
Okay, here's the deal: Unbelievable Marmara Studios is not perfect. It’s got a few quirks, and the location can be a bit…challenging. But the views are epic. The staff is friendly and genuinely helpful. The food is fantastic. And the overall vibe? Relaxed, unpretentious, and utterly charming. You're not just booking a hotel; you're booking an escape. A slice of paradise.
My Final, Unsolicited Advice:
If you're looking for a cookie-cutter hotel experience, this ain't it. If you're looking for a truly memorable vacation, full of sunshine, delicious food, and those "pinch me I'm dreaming" views
Athens Escape: Stunning 2BD Piraeus Apartment with Balcony!
Okay, buckle up, buttercup. This ain't your meticulously planned, Instagram-perfect itinerary. This is the real deal – a chaotic, sun-kissed (probably sunburned) adventure rooted in Marmara Studios, Lefkada, Greece. Consider yourself warned.
Day 1: Arrival! (Or, the Art of Surviving Baggage Claim)
- Morning (ish): Land in Preveza (PVK). Ugh, baggage claim. Always a test of patience. This time? Triumph! My suitcase, after the usual existential airport tour, actually appeared. I swear I saw a little tear of joy rolling down its side.
- Afternoon: Taxi transfer to Marmara Studios. The drive? Gorgeous. Lush, rolling hills, that electric blue of the Ionian Sea practically punching you in the face. I may have screamed "Opa!" at one point. Don't judge.
- Late Afternoon/Early Evening: Check in. Marmara Studios? Charming, but finding my room felt like navigating a medieval maze. Finally, glorious balcony with a view of… well, mostly the parking lot. But with a sliver of the sea. Okay, I'll take it. Immediately cracked open a Mythos beer. Just… ahhhh. Bliss.
- Evening: Settling in, unpacking, and dealing with that persistent mosquito that's already decided I'm its personal buffet. Attempting to find a decent taverna. Got slightly lost (per usual) but stumbled upon a place with twinkling lights, the scent of grilling octopus, and a chorus of cicadas. This is it, I thought. I think I ordered too much Tzatziki I'm happy.
Day 2: Beaches, Boats, and Betrayal (of the Scale)
- Morning: Holy moly, the sun is intense. Breakfast on the balcony – Greek yogurt, honey, and enough fruit to make me feel vaguely healthy. Then, the beach! Porto Katsiki. Everyone raves, right? Well, they're right. The sheer drop down to the beach is breathtaking. The water is that impossible turquoise everyone always talks about. I spent way too much time frolicking in waves, getting sand in places it shouldn't be, and taking a thousand photos that will never (ever) do it justice.
- Afternoon: Boat trip! (Booked with a charming dude from the taverna. I’m betting this will be a recurring theme). I was expecting a relaxing cruise. Instead, it was a full-on party. I was dancing, sunburnt, singing along to ABBA and drinking way too much retsina. I made some accidental friends, including a very enthusiastic German couple who kept trying to teach me German phrases. "Ich liebe Lefkada!" I shouted at the top of my lungs multiple times.
- Late Afternoon: Scale trauma. Spent that evening on the balcony with a wine, sulking about the scale. The food in Greece is phenomenal, but I was starting to look like I was gaining weight.
- Evening: The taverna again! More fish, more wine, more cicadas. This time, I spotted a cat napping on a chair and it was too cute!
Day 3: Lefkada Town and the Case of the Missing Sun Cream
- Morning: Attempted a more ‘cultural experience’. Walked into Lefkada Town. Actually walked. Got a minor head injury when I tripped over a very large rock. Wound up in a little shop buying some expensive, handmade soap. Felt more accomplished.
- Afternoon: Beach time… wait, where's my sun cream? Panic. Apparently, in my boat-induced haze yesterday, I left it on the boat. Cue a frantic search and a mad dash to the nearest pharmacy. Got a lecture about sun safety from a stern but sweet Greek woman.
- Late Afternoon: Wound up wandering aimlessly, enjoying the atmosphere. There was so much colour. So much life. Found a tiny coffee shop, chatted to a lady, who showed me how to make Greek coffee.
- Evening: Back to the taverna (surprise!). Feeling slightly burnt still. Found a great Greek musician playing live music. Dancing ensued. This time even I was surprised I didn't fall over.
Day 4: Doubling Down: The Boat Trip (Again!)… and a Deep Dive into Bliss
Okay, so maybe I was a bit obsessed with the boat trip. Sue me. But the first one was so good, I booked another! This time, I decided to ditch the whole "pretending to be a cultured tourist" thing, and lean fully into the chaos.
- Morning: Woke up. Sunburnt. Hungover. But ready. Packed a picnic, a ridiculous hat, and a healthy dose of optimism.
- Afternoon: Boat Trip - round 2! This time, I knew the drill. More dancing, more singing, more retsina. I also discovered a new favourite: swimming in the turquoise waters and then just lying down, soaking in the sun. The sea felt so much warmer this time.
- Late Afternoon/Evening: The food in greek restaurants and tavernas are amazing. After spending hours on the boat, as the sunset started, I felt truly rejuvenated. I'd never felt so connected to nature before, so satisfied with myself. I think I even smiled and waved at a passing sailboat.
Day 5: Farewell… For Now (and the Existential Dread of Departure)
- Morning: Last breakfast. Bitter-sweet.
- Afternoon: Last wander, last frappe, last photo. Felt like I was going to cry.
- Evening: Packing. The worst part. That, and trying to convince myself I'll come back someday. Headed to the airport with a melancholic smile.
Post-Trip Ramblings:
Lefkada. It's a lot. It's beautiful. It's messy. It's perfect in its imperfectness. Bring sunscreen (seriously!), embrace the chaos, and prepare to fall a little bit in love. Because I did. And I'm already plotting my return.
Escape to Paradise: Luxury Pool Villa in Hua Hin, Thailand
Okay, Spill the Tea: Are Marmara Studios REALLY a Hidden Gem? (And Is It Worth the Hype?)
Alright, alright, let's be real. "Hidden Gem" is tossed around like confetti these days. But, and this is a BIG but, Marmara Studios? Yeah, they're pretty darn close. Finding them is like stumbling into a secret club that everyone *should* know about, but thankfully, doesn't. The hype? It's earned, even if I, personally, hate the word "hype." I went there last year. Ended up staying three extra days. THREE EXTRA DAYS. That tells you something, right?
Where *Exactly* Are These Magical Studios Located? (And Do I Need a Car?)
Okay, so the *exact* location…let's just say it's a bit…off the beaten path. Think: winding roads, maybe a goat or two, and breathtaking views. It's near Vasiliki, which is south of the island. Driving is pretty much essential, unless you're some kind of super-human hiker. Honestly, the drive itself is part of the charm. Just…don't be the person who assumes the GPS knows better than common sense. I almost plunged into a ravine once relying on one of those things. Seriously. Trust your gut, follow the signs (when there are any), and maybe, just maybe, you might find this little slice of paradise. Prepare yourself for lots of "is this right?" moments. It's inevitable. Embrace it.
The Rooms! Tell Me About the Rooms! Are They Actually Nice? (And Clean? Important Question!)
Yes! The rooms are genuinely lovely. Think charming, rustic, and honestly, just…fresh. I'm a bit of a cleanliness freak (don't judge!), and I was thrilled. Spotless. And the view? Oh, the view. Think panoramic, postcard-worthy, jaw-dropping stuff. They all have balconies or patios – and that's where you'll probably spend 90% of your waking hours. I remember just sitting there, sipping coffee, watching the sun rise, and thinking, "Yep. This is it. This is the life." My only complaint? The pillows were a *little* flat. But I'm nitpicking. Totally worth it.
Food! Are We Talking Self-Catering Here? Or Are There Any Restaurants Nearby?
Self-catering is definitely the name of the game. Each room has a kitchenette, which is perfect, because trust me, you'll *want* to be able to whip up your own mezes. The nearest supermarket is a short drive away, so stock up on local produce, fresh fish, and some seriously good Greek wine. There are a *few* tavernas in the area, but don't expect a Michelin-starred experience. The food is simple, honest, and delicious. Get the grilled octopus. You won't regret it. Seriously. I’m still dreaming about it.
The Beach! Tell Me About the Beach! (Is it Amazing?)
Okay, so the beach situation is…well, it's a mixed bag, and this is where the messiness comes in. There isn't a beach RIGHT next to the studios that you can stumble down to. The closest beaches, like Agiofili and Vassiliki, are a short drive away, and *they are beautiful*. Agiofili is a stunner, with turquoise water. Vassiliki itself is a windsurfer's paradise (fun to watch!). But here's my honest take: plan beach days into your agenda. Don't assume you're just going to *walk* anywhere. The beauty is in the journey. And speaking of journeys...
Alright, I'm Considering It. Tell Me the Biggest "Cons". The Ugly Truth.
Okay, time for some honesty. No place is perfect. The biggest "con"? The remoteness. If you're the type who needs a constant stream of nightlife and bustling crowds, this isn't for you. This is about disconnecting. You'll need a car. The internet can be a bit patchy at times (but honestly, embrace it! Put down your phone!). And, yes, there might be the occasional mosquito. But honestly? Those "cons" are actually part of the charm. It's about embracing the peace, the quiet, the simplicity.
Okay, Seriously, Sell Me on This. What Makes Marmara Studios Special? What Did You *really* Love?
Okay, here's the emotional bit. It's the feeling. The feeling of waking up to that view every morning. The kindness of the owners (seriously, they're amazing!). The *silence*. The chance to actually, truly, *relax*. I remember one evening, I was sitting on my balcony with a glass of wine, watching the sunset, and I just…started laughing. I was so unbelievably happy. It was a pure, unadulterated moment of joy. And that, my friends, is what Marmara Studios offers. It's a feeling. It's a memory. It's something you'll carry with you long after you leave.
And one more thing. I mentioned the view. I'm going to double down on this. One evening, I got back from a day at a local beach, got totally lost on the way back, driving around and cursing under my breath when I, *finally*, found the turn off. I got back, exhausted and slightly grumpy. I then poured myself a glass of wine, stepped onto the balcony... and just *lost it*. The sky was on fire. Deep oranges and purples and reds, painting the sea in shimmering colours. I swear, I almost cried. It was that beautiful. That moment, that single moment, erased all the stress of the day. It was worth every single slightly stressful turn of the drive, every single mosquito bite, every single flat pillow. THAT, my friends, is Marmara Studios, and I'm already scheming on how to get back.
Booking! How Do I Book This Wonderful Place?
You'll have to do a bit of digging around online to find their website (I won't just give you the link, you can find it! It's part of the adventure!), or some travel sites. Book in advance, especially during peak season! Because once word really gets out, you might struggle getting a spot and honestly, it would be absolutely worth it.
Final Thoughts? Would You Go Back? (Trending Hotels Now

