
Escape to Paradise: Ram Madaiya Homestay, Faizabad!
ESCAPE TO PARADISE: RAM MADAIYA HOMESTAY, FAIZABAD - A MESSY, LOVING REVIEW (AND WHY YOU SHOULD BOOK NOW!)
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to spill the chai (and maybe some secrets) about Escape to Paradise: Ram Madaiya Homestay. Forget those sterile, cookie-cutter reviews. This is the real, unfiltered deal. I'm talking honest opinions, the good, the questionable, and the downright delightful. And trust me, this place, despite a few bumps along the road (because, let's be honest, life is one long bumpy road), is pretty darn delightful.
First Impressions: Reaching Paradise (Or at Least, Faizabad)
Let's get this out of the way first: Accessibility. I'm not a wheelchair user, but I did check out the info and I can tell you it's a little limited. They do have elevator and Facilities for disabled guests so there's that and if you give them a heads up, they'll probably be super helpful. But really, call ahead to clarify and manage expectations.
Getting there? They've got Airport transfer if you arrange it. Otherwise, you're rolling in. And hey, Car park [free of charge] and Car park [on-site] are HUGE pluses, especially if you're coming from the hustle and bustle.
Check-in? Contactless check-in/out is bliss in the post-COVID world. And if you're feeling fancy, they offer Check-in/out [express] to help you on your way, just an added touch to help you save time.
Cleanliness & Safety: The Sanitizing Symphony
Okay, let's talk about the elephant in the room: COVID. I'm a bit of a germaphobe, so this was a huge deal for me. Phew! They seem to have really taken on the challenge of sanitization with full force: Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Rooms sanitized between stays, Hand sanitizer everywhere, and Staff trained in safety protocol. They also had Individually-wrapped food options and a Safe dining setup. I slept a little easier knowing they were taking it seriously. They even offered Room sanitization opt-out available, which I appreciated. I mean, I'm not that paranoid… mostly.
Rooms: Your Cozy Little Hideaway (With a Few Quirks)
Now, the rooms. Let's be real, this isn't a sprawling five-star hotel. Think more charming boutique homestay. Inside you'll find Air conditioning. that's much needed with the weather. Free Wi-Fi, which is a must in the age of the internet. There's complimentary tea, which is always a win, and a Coffee/tea maker for when the craving hits. It's got the usual suspects: Daily housekeeping, Bathrobes, Hair dryer, Mini bar (which I raided, naturally), Refrigerator, Toiletries, and more.
Alright, the soundproofing for all you light sleepers (or, like me, someone who needs their beauty sleep). Blackout curtains were a lifesaver. Extra long bed and linens were both clean and comfortable.
BUT – and there's always a but, isn't there? – my room had a slightly off smell when I first arrived. Not like, bad, but a musty-vibe I couldn't quite shake off. I'm convinced the air conditioning was the culprit. Honestly, I just opened the Window that opens for a bit and it was all good. Also, the bathtub could use a little more oomph (I mean, a jacuzzi would be amazing!), but I got over it. I mean, who am I, the bath police?
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: A Culinary Adventure (Maybe)
This is where things get interesting. Food is a massive part of the experience, right? They offer Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Breakfast in room, and a Vegetarian restaurant. I'd call their Asian breakfast, a big win.
The Poolside bar and the Coffee shop were decent, and the bottle of water in the room was a life-saver.
I remember one evening, I ordered room service, and it took a while. But, hey, it’s a homestay! They had a Room service [24-hour] so I didn't mind.
Things to Do & Ways to Relax: Paradise Found (or Not Quite?)
Swimming pool [outdoor] - yes. Pool with view - mmm maybe? The view's not going to blow your mind, but the pool is refreshing. Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom? Not exactly. They seemed to be going for the whole "relax and rejuvenate" vibe, and while they have some nice features, you haven't hit the big time spa yet.
If you're into doing things other than lounging in the pool, they've got some Things to do and ways to relax. They boast Fitness center to get your sweat on, and even have a Gym/fitness. Massage? Sure, if you ask.
Services and Conveniences: Your Every Need Catered To (Almost)
They've got a solid lineup of services: Air conditioning in public area, Concierge, Daily housekeeping. Dry cleaning, Laundry service, Ironing service, and luggage storage. Cash withdrawal is available. A Front desk [24-hour] is always there.
For the Kids: Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal. Consider yourself warned.
The Unforgettable Moment (And Why You NEED to Book This Place!)
Okay, here’s the real reason you should book this place. I'm not going to lie; Ram Madaiya's homestay is all about the vibe. One night, I was sitting on the Terrace, sipping some tea (a complimentary touch!), watching the sun set. It was absolutely stunning. I felt truly relaxed and at peace. It's the kind of experience you can't put a price on. The warmth of the staff, the general chill atmosphere, it was magical.
The Quirks That Make It Special: It has a little less of the hotel 'sterile' feel, something that's very nice to have.
Overall:
So, yes, Escape to Paradise has a few quirks. It's not perfect. But it's real. It's got heart. And the good moments? They're unforgettable.
My Final Verdict: 4 out of 5 Stars (and a strong recommendation to book!)
BOOK NOW! Your Escape to Paradise Awaits!
Here's My Persuasive Offer:
Tired of the same old boring hotel experiences? Craving authentic Indian hospitality, a tranquil escape, and a genuine connection to Faizabad? Escape to Paradise: Ram Madaiya Homestay offers exactly that!
Book your stay NOW and get:
- Complimentary welcome drink: Kick back and relax from the moment you arrive.
- 20% off your first in-room massage: Unwind and rejuvenate with professional massage therapy.
- Unbeatable value: Experience the best of Faizabad without breaking the bank.
- Guaranteed peace of mind: Book with confidence knowing our commitment to safety and cleanliness.
Don't miss out on this incredible opportunity! Book your escape to paradise today and create memories that will last a lifetime!
Florence's Secret Rooftop Paradise: Conte di Cavour's Hidden Gem
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the chaotic beauty of a trip to Ram Madaiya Homestay in Faizabad, India! Prepare yourselves for a rollercoaster of delicious food, questionable plumbing, and moments where you just want to hug a cow (it happened, don't judge).
Day 1: Arrival, Delight, and a Dusting of Disappointment (Mostly delightful though!)
- 09:00 AM: Landed in Lucknow! Well, that was smooth. Airport chaos? Surprisingly minimal. Now let the real adventure begin! Found a driver (Raju, bless his soul, and his questionable driving skills) who'll take us to Faizabad. The air is thick, like warm, spiced chai, and I'm already in love.
- 12:00 PM: The drive. Oh, the drive. It's… an experience. Cows. So many cows. They're the traffic wardens of India, casually strolling across the road, making you question your whole life's decisions. Negotiating passing a herd is an Olympic sport. Raju honks… a lot. Every honk feels like a joyous exclamation mark!
- 03:00 PM: ARRIVAL AT RAM MADAIYA HOMESTAY! Whoa. Total charm overload. The courtyard is lush, the architecture is stunning, and the air smells like… well, a little bit of incense and a whole lot of potential. Met Mr. and Mrs. (I think their names are Madaiya, fittingly!) They're the absolute sweetest, though their English is… limited. This is going to be interesting. I'm already making mental notes to learn some basic Hindi.
- 03:30 PM: Settled in. Our room is… rustic. Let's call it that. The bed looks inviting, but also… like it might have seen a couple of wars. The bathroom is a whole other adventure. You know you're in India when the hot water is… *occasionally *hot. Let's embrace the cold showers, yeah? They say it builds character! (I'm hoping for a character arc of epic proportions)
- 05:00 PM: EXPLORATION TIME! Walked around Faizabad a little! The city is bustling, vibrant, and a complete sensory overload. The sounds, the smells (good and… not so good), the colors! It's like someone threw a paint bomb of happiness. Found a little stall selling chai and samosas. The chai was divine, like a hug in a mug. The samosas… well, let's just say I ate one (or three) way too quickly and now my stomach is staging a protest. Ah, the wonders of street food.
- 07:00 PM: Dinner at the homestay. Mrs. Madaiya (pretty sure that's it!) cooked us a home-cooked meal, it was… oh my god. THE FOOD. Let me tell you about the food. The dal (lentil stew) was so rich, so flavorful, I almost ate the whole pot. The roti (flatbread) was pillowy soft, and the vegetable curries were exploding with taste. I legitimately think I shed a tear of joy. I'm so full, I could probably sleep standing up… but the bed…oh no. We'll see.
- 09:00 PM: Attempted to use the wifi. Fail. Decided to embrace the digital detox. Listened to the sounds of the night. The barking dogs, the distant calls. It's going to take some getting used to, but it's already a start. Am I happy? Yes. I've never been this happy in my life. But also, I'm exhausted.
Day 2: Temples, Tease, and a Tiny Travesty (aka, the Toilet's Revenge)
- 07:00 AM: Woke up to the sound of… something. Turns out, it was a rooster right outside our window. It was persistent. He had a job to do, I guess. Tried to go back to bed but my body was having none of it.
- 07:30 AM: Breakfast! More delicious food! This time, it was aloo paratha (potato-stuffed flatbread) with yogurt and a spicy chutney. This is heaven. I could live on this. I think I will live on this.
- 09:00 AM: Visited a local temple. The architecture is breathtaking! The colors, the carvings, the stories etched into the stones… it's just mind-blowing. Felt a wave of… something. Spirituality? Wonder? Who knows! I was overwhelmed by this place, but in a good way.
- 11:00 AM: More temple exploration! Saw a group of people doing some kind of prayer. The smells… the music… I felt a prickle of tears behind my eyes. It was a beautiful, humbling experience.
- 12:00 PM: Lunch at the homestay. Back to the DELICIOUS food! I'm starting to worry about my clothes fitting by the end of this trip. Then I realized something. I don't care if my pants don't fit by the end.
- 02:00 PM: Took a nap (needed, after all the emotional overload). Woke up… hot. And then I realized… the fan wasn't working. So hot. So. Very. Hot. Went to inform Mr. Madaiya, who smiled and gave me his most apologetic nod. He pointed to a bunch of plugs, moved them around, and poof! Fan is fixed. The relief was immense.
- 03:30 PM: This is the moment of truth. Bathroom break. You know, the one I've been thinking about… the toilet. It's fine. For the first time today, it actually flushes! Success? The best.
- 04:00 PM: Decided to take a walk around the neighborhood. And let me TELL YOU. The people are friendly! I attempted to say "Namaste" to everyone I saw. Some of them gave me the weirdest looks. Others laughed and smiled. I'm learning.
- 05:00 PM: Bought some street food from a small alleyway. I think it was a fried snack with some kind of green sauce. I have no idea what it was, but it was delicious. Probably shouldn't think too much about that…
- 07:00 PM: Dinner. And then -- the biggest challenge. I'm afraid to say this, but I'M SICK. Stomach. It hurts. The samosas, the alley food. I'm pretty sure I have a tourist tummy right now.
- 08:00 PM: Trying to rest. All I can think of is the toilet situation. I have to get through this.
Day 3: Recovery, Reflection, and a Reluctant Farewell (Still a bit queasy.)
- 07:00 AM: Woke up. Still a bit queasy. The rooster still sings, the sun still rises, and I still really want some food.
- 07:30 AM: Ate a small portion of breakfast, just to see how it goes. Slowly, slowly.
- 08:30 AM: Realized that I forgot to grab a bag of chips from the store. Despair.
- 09:00 AM: Walked around the Homestay a bit. Taking in the beauty, appreciating the quiet. Thinking about this entire experience.
- 10:00 AM: More rest.
- 12:00 PM: Lunch. A very small portion of food.
- 02:00 PM: I'm getting well. I can't wait to come back.
- 03:00 PM: Preparing to leave. The sadness that washed over me when I realized this was the end. This was probably the best experience of my life, hands down.
- 04:00 PM: Saying goodbye to the Madaiyas. The smiles, the hugs, the language barrier that melts away when you share a moment. They were so kind, so welcoming. I will never forget them.
- 05:00 PM: Heading back to Lucknow. The drive felt like a blur.
Final Thoughts:
Faizabad and Ram Madaiya Homestay was an absolute adventure. It was messy, imperfect, and at times, downright challenging. But the kindness of the people, the beauty of the surroundings, and the sheer deliciousness of the food… It's something I will carry with me forever. This trip wasn't just about seeing a place; it was about feeling it, tasting it, and embracing its chaotic beauty. I'm already planning my return. This time, I'm bringing more Immodium and a better understanding of Hindi. And maybe, just maybe, I'll learn to love the toilet, too.
Bangalore's BEST Hidden Gem Hotel: O SGR Green Residency!
Okay, first things first: Is it REALLY "Paradise"? Because, let's be honest, the internet exaggerates.
Paradise? Look, I'm a fairly jaded individual. I’ve seen some stuff. And let me tell you, after a week of dodging traffic, breathing in Delhi smog, and dealing with… well, let’s just say "interesting" travel companions, Ram Madaiya’s place *felt* like paradise. Emphasis on *felt*. It’s not like, actual, biblical, floating-on-clouds-with-a-harp-playing-angel paradise. More like... a very well-deserved, extremely comfy respite from the chaos. Think of it as paradise-lite, with excellent chai.
What's the location like? Is it easy to get to? I'm envisioning a camel trek, and frankly, I’m not a fan.
No camels! Thank God. I'm picturing you in a camel trek now, and honestly, it wouldn't have worked. Getting there is… manageable. It’s in Faizabad, which is… well, it's Faizabad. Think of it as a slightly less chaotic (and I mean *slightly*) version of other Indian cities. Train is your best bet, unless you're feeling brave and want to drive from Delhi. The journey itself is a whole adventure. Prepare to see things, hear things, and smell things you never anticipated. But honestly, that's part of the fun, right? Right?? Okay, maybe not the smell part. But, the homestay itself is tucked away, offering a much-needed sanctuary from the hustle, a bit like finding an oasis in a dusty desert.
Word to the wise: Double check your train tickets. Seriously. Ask the staff to arrange a pickup from the station. Lost in a bustling Indian city at 3 AM? Not ideal. Ask me how I know…
What are the rooms like? Are they clean? Because let's be real, cleanliness is next to godliness, and I am desperately seeking godliness.
The rooms… they're charming. Think of it like this: they're not sterile, hotel-esque, carbon copies. They have character. Ram’s decorating style is… well, it's Ram. Lots of local crafts, interesting knick-knacks, and a distinct lack of the clinical feel you sometimes get in Western hotels. Cleanliness? Yes! Clean enough. I'm not exactly a germaphobe, but I'm also not a fan of sharing a room with unwanted roommates. The sheets were fresh, the floors were swept, and the bathrooms… okay, the bathrooms weren't *spa* level, but they served their purpose. Hot water wasn’t *always* guaranteed, but hey, it’s India. Embrace the experience!
And the food? Because food can make or break a trip, and I'm all about breaking things if the food disappoints. (Just kidding... mostly.)
Oh. My. God. The food. It's… it's worth the trip alone. Ram's wife, bless her heart, is a culinary wizard. Seriously. I’m not just saying that. I *dream* about the food. Freshly cooked, local ingredients, and flavors that explode in your mouth. Proper home-cooked Indian food, the real deal. Forget the bland “tourist” fare you get in other places. She'll ask for any dietary needs(Vegetarian options galore, and I *think* they can accommodate others). Every meal was a celebration. I may or may not have overeaten. Frequently. And I regret nothing. I’m still trying to wheedle the recipe for the dal out of her, but she’s onto me.
What's there to *do* there? I get bored easily. Tell me I’m not going to be trapped in a room staring at dust for days.
Okay, so, Faizabad itself… isn’t exactly a whirlwind of activity. Think… peaceful. There are temples, historical sites, and local markets to explore. But honestly? The best thing to do is *nothing*. Seriously. Find a comfy spot in the courtyard, sip some chai, read a book, and just… breathe. The pace of life there is gloriously slow. It's perfect for unwinding. I found myself just sitting in the courtyard for hours, watching the birds, letting the chaotic energy of the world just… dissipate. I even attempted some yoga. Twice. I’m not sure it was successful, but it was fun to try. I was also befriended by a particularly friendly street dog, whom I named "Lucky". He was adorable, if a little smelly.
Is Ram a good host? I'm a difficult person to please.
Ram… Ram is a character. He's… let's just say he's *passionate* about his homestay. He’s not your overly polished, hotel-trained host. He's genuine. He's friendly. He's maybe a little… eccentric. He'll chat with you about everything and nothing, offer local insights, and generally make you feel like you’re staying at a friend's place. He also has a wicked sense of humour. I swear, he made me laugh until my sides ached. He told some truly wild stories, some of which might have been embellishments, I honestly couldn’t tell, and it didn’t matter. He’s a good guy, and he genuinely cares about his guests. He's got that welcoming vibe that puts you at ease. Honestly, don't judge him by first appearances, he’s become one of those people you truly cherish.
Okay, fine, sounds good. Any downsides? Because nothing's perfect. Spoil it for me!
Alright, let’s get real. It’s not the Ritz. The wifi *can* be spotty (though honestly, that’s a blessing in disguise). Faizabad is hot. And sometimes, the power goes out. But honestly, these are minor inconveniences. If you're expecting perfection, you're in the wrong place. Embrace the imperfections! They're part of the charm. What really bugs me? The time I went to take a shower and the water was brown... turned out there had been a water main break, it got fixed by the evening and all was well, but the sheer panic of possibly having to bathe in brown water... *shudders*. Small price to pay, I suppose. Also, the mosquitoes. Bring bug spray! Seriously, I ended up looking like I had chicken pox. And the other time the roosters started crowing at 4am, which was a test of will,Top Places To Stay

