
Bogor's Hidden Gem: Citrus-House Hotel - Unforgettable Indonesian Escape!
Bogor's Hidden Gem: Citrus-House Hotel - Unforgettable Indonesian Escape! - A Rambling Review of a Hotel That Almost Got Me!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because I've just returned from a mini-vacation to Bogor, and let me tell ya, this "Citrus-House Hotel" is… well, it's a place. I'm still trying to sort through my feelings, so consider this less a polished review and more a chaotic, slightly-sunburnt diary entry.
First Impressions (and a Near-Disaster with the Car Park!)
Getting there was, um, an experience. Accessibility-wise, the drive was fine, but finding the hotel itself? Let's just say my GPS and I had a moment. And the car park? Let's just say my hatchback and I became intimately acquainted with some very tight turns. (Thankfully, the on-site car park is free, so I didn't have to pay for the privilege of nearly scraping my bumper. Valet parking, even better, but there was a wait!). Shout out to the doorman, though, who practically sprinted out to help me navigate the final, perilous approach. Talk about a warm welcome!
Rooms and the Whole "Sanitized Between Stays" Thing
Once I was inside, phew! The hotel itself is actually pretty cool. I booked a non-smoking room, which, being a non-smoker myself, was a big plus. The room? Clean. Very clean, actually. They’re serious about the "Rooms sanitized between stays" thing. I saw the cleaning crew, masked and wielding spray bottles that looked like they could take down a small rodent. Made me feel safe, at least!
My room, surprisingly (because I'm a mess, let's be honest), was pretty well-equipped. Air conditioning blasted arctic air (bliss!), blackout curtains for those essential afternoon naps (essential!), and a mini-bar that, while somewhat overpriced (I'm looking at you, small bottle of water!), was certainly there. Oh, and free Wi-Fi, glorious free Wi-Fi. Plus, my bed was like a cloud, but a cloud with a really supportive mattress. I spent a truly embarrassing amount of time lounging in my bathrobe (provided!) and watching, you guessed it, on-demand movies. I'm not proud.
Accessibility, or, "Can Someone Explain the Elevator?"
Alright, let's get real. Accessibility is important, and while I didn't specifically need wheelchair-friendly features, I did notice a few things. There's an elevator (thank heavens), which is crucial for older guests or those with mobility issues. The lobby and public areas seemed reasonably accessible. However, navigating the hallways to my room felt a bit labyrinthine at times. Signage could be better. But honestly, I'm more of a "get lost and find a hidden gem" type anyway.
Food, Glorious Food (and My Epic Fail at the Buffet)
Okay, here's where things get seriously interesting. Citrus-House boasts a variety of dining options. There’s the main restaurant, offering both Asian and International Cuisine. There's room service, a 24-hour lifeline for the perpetually peckish (me), and a poolside bar with a selection of happy hour specials. They also had a convenient coffee shop and even a snack bar, providing multiple avenues for potential food intake.
Breakfast? Buffet! And here’s where my culinary genius… kinda backfired. I, in my infinite wisdom, decided to sample everything. Asian breakfast items? Check. Western breakfast staples? Check. Even that questionable-looking breakfast sausage? Yup, check. Let's just say by the time I waddled back to my room, I felt like I’d swallowed a small planet. The food was good, though, the salad, the hot soup, the coffee were all divine. The breakfast buffet had some awesome food from the buffet in restaurant. It was a solid win. Just… pace yourself, folks. Pace yourself.
They offered several of the conveniences/services, like food delivery, daily housekeeping, and facilities for disabled guests. Also, they provided alternative meal arrangements for breakfast upon request.
Things to Do (and My Attempts to Relax - or Not)
The “Things to do” part is where the hotel really shines. There's an outdoor swimming pool, a pool with a view, a fitness center (which I, alas, did not utilize, preferring the horizontal plane of my bed), and a spa! A spa!
Now, I’m a big fan of the whole “relaxing” concept, so I booked myself a massage. I went all-in. Body scrub? Check. Body wrap? You betcha. Foot bath? Sign me up! The masseuse was amazing, and I swear, all my stress melted away. Then, I went to the sauna, which was hot and a delightful form of torture. The steamroom was okay.
Safety and Cleanliness: A Little Comfort in Chaotic Times
In these uncertain times, cleanliness is everything. Citrus-House takes it seriously. I noticed hand sanitizer everywhere, staff wearing masks, and visible measures like "Daily disinfection in common areas." They also use anti-viral cleaning products, and the rooms are sanitized between stays, which is a huge relief. I felt safe, and that's a major win.
Services and Conveniences: Above and Beyond (Almost)
Citrus House offers a ton of services and conveniences, from the basics like daily housekeeping and laundry service to more unusual additions like a babysitting service. They have a gift shop and even a currency exchange, which could come in handy. They provide cash withdrawal from the lobby.
The Quirks and the Quirks of Quirkiness
There were a few quirks. The elevator, which I mentioned earlier, sometimes felt like it was operating on a whim. The decor? Kind of… eclectic. But honestly, it all added to the character, and the staff were genuinely friendly and helpful. They’re also pretty good with contactless check-in/out, a plus in the age of avoiding germs and all that.
My Final Verdict (and Would I Go Back?)
So, would I recommend the Citrus-House Hotel? Absolutely, with a few caveats. It's not perfect. It's not the Ritz. But it's got charm, comfort, a fantastic spa, and, most importantly, a genuine effort to make you feel welcome and safe. It's a place where you can unwind (if you survive the buffet), and even if your travel plans don't go exactly as planned, you'll come away with some stories.
Here's the deal - They Almost Got Me (And They Could Get You, Too!)
Here's a deal for you:
- Escape to Citrus-House Hotel! Book a stay within the next month and get a 15% discount on your room rate, a complimentary welcome drink at the poolside bar, and a voucher for a free massage! That's right - you can get my relaxation and get more relaxation!
- For a limited time, we're offering a special package for couples! Enjoy a romantic getaway with a couple's room, breakfast in bed, late check-out, and a candlelit dinner at our restaurant!
- Looking for a family-friendly vacation? We offer babysitting services and a kids’ menu! Make your trip easy for everyone!
Why Book Now?
- Unbeatable Relaxation: Spa, pool, and comfortable rooms.
- Safety First: Meticulous cleaning and safety protocols.
- Adventure: Explore the beautiful Bogor and create unforgettable memories.
So, pack your bags, embrace the chaos, and maybe… just maybe… try to pace yourself at the breakfast buffet. You might just find yourself saying, "Wow, this is an unforgettable Indonesian escape!"
Escape to Paradise: Sun-Kissed Sandcastles & Poolside Bliss on the Sunshine Coast!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we’re about to dive headfirst into my incredibly messy and probably over-optimistic attempt at conquering Citrus-house.com Hotel Bogor, Indonesia. This isn't some perfectly curated Instagram feed – expect real life, real feelings, and maybe a stray mosquito bite or two. Let's go!
Citrus House Chaos: Bogor Bound! (and Probably a Lot of Nasi Goreng)
Day 1: Arrival, Anticipation, and the Agony of Luggage
- 10:00 AM (Jakarta Airport – Just Got Off a Plane): Okay, first hurdle: surviving the Jakarta airport. Seriously, it's like a giant, sweaty, fluorescent-lit maze. Trying to find my luggage was an Olympic sport. I swear, I saw a guy in a batik shirt and a fedora trying to wrestle a suitcase bigger than him. Victory! (Mine, that is. I’m still not sure about the Batik-Fedora-Man.)
- 11:30 AM (The Ride – Mostly Silent Tears of Joy): Uber booked. The ride to Bogor is a glorious, traffic-filled descent into… well, more traffic, actually. But the scenery! Lush, green, and ridiculously humid. My hair immediately decided to morph into a frizzy cloud of disapproval. Small price to pay for paradise, right? Right?!
- 1:00 PM (Citrus House Check-In – Initial Impressions): Citrus House! The outside is… promising. Clean lines, cute balconies. The lobby? A bit "trying too hard to be modern," if I'm honest. Check-in was smooth enough, though the receptionist seemed a little too bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. Made me slightly suspicious. Like, what are you hiding, Citrus House?!
- 1:30 PM (The Room – A Tale of Two Balconies): Okay, the room. Standard, clean, blah blah blah. But the balcony! Oh the balcony. I'm pretty sure I'll be spending about 80% of my time here. Overlooking… a road. And some trees. And a glimpse of a rooftop. Okay, maybe not a romantic balcony, but still!
- 2:00 PM (Lunch - The Glorious, Calorie-Laden Nasi Goreng): This is where it all gets good. I needed to find a good restaurant. Found a really awesome stall nearby the hotel, and had a large plate of Nasi Goreng. Oh my GOD! I was so hungry, and I was so happy!
- 3:00 PM (Afternoon Nap – Blissful Unconsciousness): Jet lag is a cruel mistress. I crashed. Hard. Woke up feeling slightly… well, even more disoriented, but refreshed.
- 5:00 PM (Poolside – The Quest for Relaxation Begins): The pool. Apparently, it’s a thing here. I’m not a huge pool person, but the heat demanded it. The water was refreshing, but full of screaming children. It was an experience, to say the least.
- 7:00 PM (Dinner – Overthinking It): Dinner at the hotel. I opted for the… I don’t even remember what I ate. Some sort of Indonesian-ish dish. Decent. Maybe slightly bland? I blame the jet lag. Or maybe the receptionist. I’m still not sure.
Day 2: Bogor's Botanical Gardens, Bat Caves, and a Failed Spa Attempt
- 8:00 AM (Breakfast - Hotel Buffet Roulette): The breakfast buffet. A minefield of questionable pastries and… well, more Nasi Goreng. I bravely navigated it, fueled by a desperate need for caffeine. Found some passable coffee, which is a victory in itself.
- 9:00 AM (Botanical Gardens – Nature's Overwhelm): Bogor Botanical Gardens. Okay, this was the highlight. Absolutely stunning. Giant trees, colorful flowers, and more serene beauty than my stressed-out brain could handle. I actually felt… calm. For a whole hour, I kid you not. Until the mosquitos found me. They were relentless. This led to a lot of swatting, swearing, and a general sense of being utterly defeated by nature.
- 12:00 PM (Lunch - Finding Local Delight): Oh boy, I found a great place for lunch, a local spot hidden away from all of the rush. I had some delicious Soup! Yes, I ate everything!
- 1:00 PM (Bat Caves - EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!): The time for a visit to a bat cave! So many screaming children as the bats flew around everywhere! I couldn't handle it, so I turned around and left immediately.
- 3:00 PM (Spa- The Great Let Down): I booked a massage at the hotel spa. Huge mistake. The massage room was… well, let’s just say it lacked ambiance. The masseuse, bless her heart, clearly wasn’t having her best day. The massage was more… prodding than relaxing. I left feeling stiffer than when I arrived. Consider me unimpressed.
- 7:00 PM (Dinner - Solo Sadness): I ordered room service. A burger. Ate it in my room while watching some forgettable TV. Feeling a little lonely. Maybe tomorrow will be better. I hope.
Day 3: Volcano Views (Maybe?), and the Bitter Reality of Departure
- 8:00 AM (Breakfast - Regretfully Repeated Buffet): Back to the buffet. Sigh. At least the coffee is still… functional.
- 9:00 AM (Mount Salak – The Promise of Adventure): This was supposed to be the day! I was going to hike up to Mount Salak, see the views, embrace the… well, something adventurous. Reality check: I got about halfway up the access road before deciding my lungs and legs weren’t up for the task. The views from the bottom were pretty good, though. So, small victory.
- 12:00 PM (Lunch - The Second Nasi Goreng Redemption): I went back to the small local stall and ate more Nasi Goreng! It was just as good as the first time!
- 1:00 PM (Citrus House Farewell – Mixed Feelings): Packing. The worst part of any trip, even if it's a relatively short one. I surveyed my room. It was a mess. Clothes strewn everywhere, half-eaten snacks, and a general air of controlled chaos. Citrus House, you were… an experience. Some good, some not so good. But I have to admit, I feel… a little sad to leave.
- 3:00 PM (Departure – The Long Goodbye): Check-out was efficient this time, no suspicious smiles from the receptionist. The Uber ride back to Jakarta felt… long. The traffic was even worse than before. I watched the green landscape of Bogor fade away, and I felt a strange pang of nostalgia.
- 5:00 PM (Waiting at the Airport – Reality Bites): Sitting here, exhausted, waiting for my flight. Reflecting. Did I have fun? Yeah, probably. Would I go back? Maybe. Citrus House, you certainly left a mark. And I guess that's all that really matters, right?
Final Thoughts:
Indonesia, you are a wild, wonderful, humid mess. And I can't wait to come back someday.
Dubai Burj Khalifa View: LUXURY 1-Bed Apartment Awaits!
Bogor's Citrus-House Hotel: Your Chaotic Guide to Paradise (Probably) - FAQs!!!
Okay, so... what *is* Citrus-House? Sounds fancy!
Alright, picture this: a little slice of Indonesian tranquility, tucked away in the hills of Bogor. We're talking about a boutique hotel, supposedly. Think lush gardens bursting with, you guessed it, citrus trees! (They're actually pretty cool, the way the different varieties are all labeled. Though, I'm no botanist, so I can't tell you if they're actually *rare* lemons or just the regular kind.) It's supposed to be this escape from the Jakarta hustle, a place to "reconnect with nature" and "find your inner peace." Frankly, after my visit, I'm still looking for my inner peace, but I did find a mosquito bite the size of a small Indonesian island. Still, it’s charming, in a slightly disorganized, wonderfully imperfect kind of way.
Is it *actually* a hidden gem? Or just good marketing?
Okay, the "hidden gem" thing? That’s always a gamble, isn’t it? I mean, if EVERYONE knows about it, is it still a secret? I'd give it a cautiously optimistic "mostly." Finding it is a bit of an adventure in itself. Google Maps tried to send me down a goat track. I'm not kidding. A GOAT TRACK. After about an hour of increasingly frantic driving, I finally stumbled upon the sign, which looked suspiciously like it was hand-painted the day before. So, yes, hidden, in a way that might involve a questionable GPS signal and a bit of daring. But once you're there... you're there. It's undeniably beautiful. Just...prepare for the journey.
What kind of rooms are there? And are they clean? (Asking for a friend... who's me)
Rooms? They have a few options. Think… rustic chic. The "villas" are nice, apparently. I'm not fancy enough for a villa, (I stayed in the "standard" room), which was perfectly functional. Clean? *Mostly.* Let's just say, I've seen cleaner. But, hey, it's Indonesia. And for the price, I wasn't expecting surgical-grade sterility. The sheets were clean (thank goodness!), and the bathroom, while a bit dated, did the job. There was a slight musty smell, but I’m pretty sure it was the humidity, not the cleanliness. (Or, at least, that’s what I told myself.) My "friend" (ahem) probably wouldn’t complain, especially after a couple of Bintangs. Don't expect the Ritz, but it’s perfectly adequate.
The food! What can you tell me about the food at Citrus-House?
Okay, the food… this is where things get *interesting*. The restaurant is outdoors, which is lovely when the weather cooperates. Which, in Bogor, is about 50/50. I ate there three times, and one time got drenched, the entire table, everything, which was unexpectedly exhilarating. The food itself is traditional Indonesian fare. Expect nasi goreng, gado-gado, the usual suspects. The quality? It's… inconsistent. Sometimes the nasi goreng is divine, the best you've ever tasted. Other times, it's a little bland. It's like they have a different chef every day. I swear. One time I had a *terrific* sate, perfectly grilled. The next day, it was a bit… chewy. But the portions are generous, the presentation is charming, and the view overlooking the gardens is beautiful. They *do* make a mean fresh orange juice, though. Seriously, get the orange juice. It's worth the trip alone.
What's there *to do* at Citrus-House, other than eat and risk monsoon-like conditions?
Well, you're not exactly going to find a bustling nightlife scene. This is about relaxation. There’s a pool, which is, you know, a pool. Nothing fancy, but it's there. And it does have a lovely view of the gardens. You can wander around the gardens (avoiding the aforementioned mosquitoes), read a book, contemplate the meaning of life… or just take a nap. Honestly, that’s what I mostly did. I’m pretty sure I slept for about 12 hours straight one night. I needed it, and the quiet was incredible. There are some hiking trails nearby, but I’m not exactly an avid trekker. A good book, sun, and occasional dip in the pool. That’s the Citrus-House way, as far as I'm concerned. Oh, and there's a small spa, but I didn't try it. Maybe next time. I was too busy napping.
Okay, spill the tea: What's the staff like? Are they helpful?
The staff… here's where Citrus-House's charm really shines. They're lovely. Genuinely helpful, though maybe not always the most efficient. Things run on Indonesian Time, which is… flexible. You might have to ask for your coffee a couple of times. The reception desk seemed to be manned by a different person every day, each with a slightly different level of English. But they are so nice, so accommodating. They really try. They'll happily help arrange transport, give you directions, or just chat with you. One of the waiters even helped me swat a particularly persistent mosquito. (That mosquito problem is real, people! Bring repellent!) They make you feel like you're a guest in their home, not just a paying customer. Which, honestly, is a refreshing change from some of the more… corporate-feeling hotels. So, yeah, patient, kind, and genuinely trying their best. It's part of what makes the hotel special.
What's the *vibe*? Is it romantic? Family-friendly? All couples making out in the pool?
Vibe check! Hmm… I’d say, it’s more chill than romantic, leaning towards slightly more “relaxed family vacation” than “honeymoon suite.” While I did see a couple holding hands, mostly you get groups of friends, families, and solo travelers looking for a break. I wouldn’t say it's *rowdy*, but neither did I feel pressure to be overly formal. Remember, it's kind of a distance from everything. If you are seeking romance, it's present, just more subtle. And honestly, the pool area is pretty chill. So, to answer your question, it's a mix! (Though, I didn’t see anyone making out in the pool, thankfully.) It's more about relaxing than anything else. If you're looking to *unwind*, Citrus-House is a good bet.
Okay, so... the downsides? What are they really like?

