
Edmonton West: Your Ultimate Guide to Element Edmonton West (AB)
Edmonton West: Element Edmonton West - My Chaotic Love Letter (And Honest Review!)
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the Element Edmonton West. And lemme tell you, this ain't your grandma's cookie-cutter hotel review. We're going RAW, baby. We're talking about my genuine experience, the good, the bad, the "wait, did that actually happen?" moments. And trust me, there were a few.
First things first: The Pre-Flight Checklist of Awesomeness (AKA Accessibility & Safety)
So, I'm a sucker for a hotel that gets accessibility. And Element? They're mostly on the right track. They have actual facilities for disabled guests and an elevator (hallelujah!). I didn't personally need a wheelchair-accessible room, but seeing that they offer them, and not just, like, one token room, is a huge plus. They've got all the right features like a front desk ready 24/7, fire extinguishers, smoke alarms, and CCTV everywhere. Plus, the all-important free car park!
- Accessibility: Check! ✅ (But always double-check your specific needs when booking.)
- Safety: Feeling pretty secure. The 24-hour front desk and security are reassuring. ✅
Now, the COVID stuff, am I right? Let's rip that bandaid off. Element Edmonton West really took it seriously. Daily disinfection, hand sanitizer everywhere, staff trained like ninjas in safety protocols. Physical distancing was definitely a thing, and I even noticed they had the individual-wrapped food options. Now, I'm not gonna lie; the individual-wrapped stuff feels a bit… sterile, but hey, safety first, am I right? I'm not exactly a germs-can't-get-me kind of person. I appreciated the effort, even if it meant my breakfast pastry felt like I was unwrapping a sarcophagus. Honestly, I'm not complaining! They are providing safety precautions that you just can't ignore.
- Safety During the Apocalypse (aka COVID): Solid effort. ✅ (Though I'm still mentally scarred by the wrapped croissant.)
Room Review: My Little Hotel Oasis (With Minor Quirks!)
Okay, let's talk about the room. First impressions? Clean. REALLY clean. Room sanitization opt-out is available, but I really liked the safety that comes with the sanitization. I mean, I need the air conditioning and blackout curtains. Blackout curtains are a gift from the gods! I swear, I could sleep through a dinosaur stampede in those things. The bed? Extra long. Thank the heavens! I'm a tall person, and I actually got to stretch out. Yes, I have the bathroom phone. I didn't even understand the need for a bathroom phone. I felt like I was in a spy movie. I guess I should've used them to call room service, which is available 24/7. That's a game-changer, right? Also, the free Wi-Fi? Super important. Because, like, work doesn't stop. The Internet was good, internet access was good, so I don't have any complains.
- Room Cleanliness: ✅
- Coffee/Tea Maker: ✅ (Essential!)
- Blackout Curtains: 🙌🙌🙌
The minor quirks? Well, the decor is a bit…corporate. Think "modern minimalist with a splash of beige". But hey, it's clean, functional, and has everything you need. And honestly, after a long day, all I really cared about was sinking into that comfy bed.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Food, Glorious Food (And My Adventures!)
Breakfast is included (breakfast [buffet]), which is a huge win in my book. They had everything from a western breakfast to even an asian breakfast. I am always a fan of buffet style. I tried the international cuisine in the restaurant, but to be honest, I kind of wished for a little more… pizzazz.
- Breakfast Included: ✅ (Score!)
- Restaurants: Check! (And my stomach's already growling for another round.)
Things to Do (Or, How to Relax Without Turning into a Couch Potato)
Here's where Element Edmonton West really shines. First, the gym/fitness center. Listen, I'm not a gym rat, but a good gym can make or break a stay. This one was decent. It did the job.
Then there’s the pool! It's an outdoor pool with a view! Ah, pure bliss! I spent hours just floating, staring up at the sky, and pretending I didn't have a mountain of emails waiting for me. Seriously, this is the kind of detail that makes a hotel worth the money.
- Swimming Pool: ✅ (Especially when you're desperate for a break from work. And the world.)
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Make a Big Difference
This is where Element Edmonton West really surprised me. The staff were genuinely friendly and helpful. The concierge was a lifesaver with local recommendations. I loved the convenience store. I mean, you can't always run out for a snack. I had to use dry cleaning.
- Staff Friendliness: ✅
- Parking: Free and on-site! ✅ (Huge winner!)
For the Kids: A Family Affair?
Element Edmonton West is family/child friendly, it is not necessarily a kid's paradise. They don't have, like, a dedicated kids' club or anything. So, if you have a gaggle of little ones, maybe do some more research.
- Family-Friendly: ✅ (But maybe bring some extra entertainment!)
My Honest Verdict and a Compelling Offer (Because, You Know, I'm Trying to Sell You on This Place!)
Look, Element Edmonton West isn't perfect. But it's a solid, reliable option that's perfect for people who travel. The amenities are great, the rooms are clean, and they clearly prioritize safety. It also knows how to provide a great experience.
Now, for the DEAL!
Book your stay at Element Edmonton West NOW, and get a complimentary upgrade to a room with a pool view! You'll also receive a free welcome drink at the bar, and a late checkout so you can squeeze in those extra hours of relaxation. But hurry, this offer is only available to the first 20 people who book through the link below!
Click here to book your stay and experience the Element Edmonton West difference!
So, there you have it. My messy, honest, and slightly rambling review of the Element Edmonton West. Go, book your stay, and tell them Lucy sent ya! (They probably won't care, but hey, it's worth a shot.)
Luxury 4BHK Hyderabad Haven: Your Golden Breeze Awaits!
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because you're about to get a peek inside my potentially-borderline-disastrous (but hey, fun!) trip to Element Edmonton West Edmonton. And by "peek", I mean you're getting the unvarnished, messy truth. Here we go:
My Element Edmonton Adventure: A Train Wreck Waiting to Happen (But Hopefully a Good One)
Pre-Trip Disaster (aka: My Life is a Hot Mess)
- Wednesday (Two Days Before Departure): Realized I haven't packed. Panic sets in. Found my passport. Celebrated with a questionable cheese puff. 10/10 would recommend it.
- Thursday (Day Before): Spent the entire day staring at my suitcase. Existential dread. Did manage to book a last-minute spa appointment (thank heavens for small mercies). Maybe a massage could help me deal with the fact I'm probably going to forget something important, let alone the fact I'm doing this by myself.
- Friday (Travel Day - Morning): Wake up with, in what I hope is a good sign, a massive caffeine headache. Try to remember if I actually packed my damn toothbrush. Check the weather: Rain. Of course. Groan. The thought of a rainy Edmonton weekend almost makes me want to cancel. But hey, I'm a strong, independent woman, right? Well, maybe after a coffee.
Day 1: Arrival and the "West Edmonton Mall" Debacle
- Afternoon (Arrival): Land in Edmonton. The airport, bless its heart, is kinda…blah. The sky is grey, I'm convinced it's judging me. Thank god for the Uber app and its quickness in finding me a ride.
- Check-in Chaos: Element Edmonton West Edmonton. Looks nice from the outside. Lobby…feels a little corporate-y, but hey, free breakfast, so I'm in. The check-in process goes smoothly (rare!). Room is… fine. Clean. Has a view of the parking lot (big sigh). Already plotting how I can rearrange the furniture to feel less like I'm staying in a beige box.
- Late Afternoon (WEM - The Beast): Ah, West Edmonton Mall. The beast. The legendary. The…massive! First impressions: sheer, overwhelming size. It's like a city. A city of shopping. And people. And the faint, persistent smell of… cinnamon buns? Which I'm not complaining about. Immediately get lost. Find the water park. Gape at the roller coasters. Consider going on all of them (despite my growing apprehension). Decide to start small.
- Evening (Mall Mishaps): Managed to stumble upon the World Waterpark. It's amazing. Like, actually, really amazing. The lines are long, loud as the water crashing around. I spend way too much time just people-watching, getting mesmerized by the whole scene; the kids' screams. I'm sure all kinds of germs are in that water, but whatever. It's all part of the experience. Also, I bought a WAY too-expensive t-shirt that has a picture of a shark.
- Dinner (Food Court Frenzy): Food Court. Oh, lord. Endless options. My brain short circuits. End up with overpriced, mediocre noodles. Regret every life choice. Vow to find a real restaurant tomorrow.
- Evening (Room and Contemplation): Back in the room, defeated but strangely exhilarated. Reflecting on my shopping spree disaster. I have so many questions. Is this what the rest of my days will look like? I am so lonely. Feeling kinda overwhelmed so I'm going to order room service, so at least I can avoid making any serious life choices. I think I'll order pizza. Yup. Pizza it is. Pizza and regret.
Day 2: Waterpark Redemption and A Roller Coaster Crisis
- Morning (Breakfast of Champions): The free breakfast at the hotel is…well, it's free. Scrambled eggs that probably came from somewhere, maybe not a chicken? But there's coffee, and that's all that matters at the moment. Plotting my morning attack on the mall.
- Mid-Morning (Waterpark Round Two): Back to the World Waterpark! This time, I'm armed with a plan (and a waterproof phone sleeve). Went down a slide that nearly sent me into a small panic attack. I really need to stop being such a wimp. But hey, I survived! And I felt a bit more confident in taking on the rest of the park. I spend over three hours there, soaking it up and laughing for the first time since I got here.
- Lunch (Mall Escapades): I decide to escape the food court and venture out in search of actual food. Found a surprisingly good burger place (who knew?). Still lost. Still mildly terrified. Also, I'm pretty sure someone is following me, or at least I keep seeing the same person everywhere. Am I paranoid? Probably.
- Afternoon (The Rollercoaster Debacle): Ok, here we go…mind of a six-year-old, body of a sixty-year-old… I decide to ride a roller coaster. Why? I have no idea. Maybe for the thrill of the adrenaline? Or maybe just to prove that I could. I ride the Mind Bender, and it's… intense. I scream the entire time. My heart beats out of my chest. I'm pretty sure I aged ten years. Still, the ride was exhilarating, and I walked out of the coaster more confident than I've ever been.
- Evening (Restaurant Redemption): Finally, a real restaurant! Found a lovely Italian place. Actually, it was heaven. Sat there and people-watched.
- Evening (Wine And Reflecting): Back in the room, drinking some wine and trying to make sense of my shopping and how I've just about failed myself. I feel much better.
Day 3: Farewell Edmonton (and the Unanswered Questions)
- Morning (Quiet and Clean): Woke up. Actually feeling kind of good. I walked around the hotel and I sat in the sun for a bit. I realized I spent the entirety of my life living for someone. I should make the most of my life and realize I'm in charge of what happens, not what happens to me.
- Mid-morning (Packing): Time to leave. Packed up all my stuff, which took a while and said goodbye to my room.
- Afternoon (Departure): Headed back to the airport, feeling a mix of relief and… a strange sense of sadness? Did I love Edmonton? No. Did I hate it? Also no. It was… an experience. A chaotic, messy, slightly terrifying, but ultimately memorable one. I'm pretty sure I'll be back. Eventually. Maybe.
- Afternoon (Flight Home): On the plane. Looking out the window. Wondering how much of my shopping I still have. The woman next to me won't stop talking about how her life is, I wonder if I am going to be able to sleep on this plane.
Final Thoughts:
Element Edmonton West Edmonton… It's a trip. It's not perfect. It's probably not what I expected. But it's mine. And that, in the end, is what counts. And I will always remember that roller coaster ride, even when I'm an old lady. If I don't get on it again.
Hanoi Haven: Tom's Stunning Apartment 4 Awaits!
Element Edmonton West: Your (Probably Slightly Biased) Guide
Okay, So... Is Element Edmonton West "Good"? Like, REALLY GOOD?
Alright, here's the deal. "Good"? Yeah, probably. "REALLY good"? That depends on your definition of 'good', my friend. Look, I've stayed there a few times. Once, I was buzzing with excitement because I was finally seeing my cousins. Another time, I was stuck there after a flight delay, and boy, did that change things.
It's a *decent* hotel. Clean-ish. The staff are... well, they're there. Some are genuinely friendly, others seem like they’ve seen some things (and possibly regretted them). This isn't the Ritz, but it's a perfectly acceptable spot. Think of it as a solid B. Definitely not award-winning, but it'll get the job done.
My personal, slightly-too-honest verdict? It's a hotel. You sleep there. You eat some (free!) breakfast. You try to forget how much you’re paying for a room. It’s fine. Mostly.
What *Actually* Is There To *Do* in Edmonton West (Besides, y'know, STAYING at Element?)
Okay, let’s be real. Edmonton West is… well, it’s West Edmonton. The main attraction? West Edmonton Mall. Duh. It's a freaking *mall*. You can spend days in there. Seriously. I once got lost in the waterpark and almost ended up living with the dolphins (kidding… mostly).
Beyond the Mall, it's a bit… sparse. You’ve got your usual chain restaurants. Movie theaters. The odd, slightly depressing strip mall. There's a go-kart place, which is fun if you're into that sort of thing (I’m not sure if I am, but I did it once). A word of warning: if you see a quirky, independent place, go! They're rare gems. I once found a tiny, amazing Indian restaurant hidden in a corner and it was the highlight of my trip. Worth the trek.
Basically, prepare to do *most* of your entertainment inside the mall. It *is* an experience. Just… pace yourself. And maybe pack a spare pair of socks. Trust me.
The Breakfast! TELL ME ABOUT THE BREAKFAST! Is it *bearable*?
Oh, the breakfast. The dreaded *free* breakfast. This is where things get… variable. I’m trying to be kind here. Okay. It's complimentary, alright? So manage those expectations. It's usually the standard buffet – scrambled eggs (potentially rubbery), some kind of meat product (sausage? bacon-like substance?), cereal (which seems to always be soggy), fruit (that *might* be a little past its prime), and the always-suspicious-yet-somehow-tempting waffles.
I have, on multiple occasions, walked in, surveyed the options, and then slunk back to my room to eat my own granola bars. But, if you're on a budget, and you're already there... well. Grab a waffle. Add way too much syrup to mask the texture. Maybe grab a hard-boiled egg. You'll survive. I swear, I've survived.
One morning, though? Pure magic. They had fluffy, perfect scrambled eggs. Fluffy! They had good bacon! I think I saw an actual smile surface on the chef's face. I don't know what they did that day, maybe the stars aligned, but it was glorious. It gave me hope… temporary, desperate hope.
The Rooms: Are They Spacious? Clean? Do They Smell Like Feet?
Okay, the rooms. This is generally a win. Element hotels are *supposed* to be a bit more modern, a bit more… hip, than your standard fare. They usually have a kitchenette (which is handy for stashing snacks you "accidentally" bring from the mall - and don’t tell anyone about the peanut butter incident!), and the rooms are usually a decent size.
Cleanliness? GENERALLY good. *Sometimes* I've found a stray hair in the bathroom, but nothing to write a strongly worded letter about. Don't get me started on the "smell like feet" thing. Look, some hotels have a particular *aroma*. It's hard to describe. Think… *mildly chemical* with a faint hint of… I don’t know. But I wouldn't say "feet." I’m probably just sensitive. (Or maybe it *was* feet...)
The beds? Usually comfortable. They're not the cloud-like experience of a five-star hotel, but they're good enough to collapse on after a long day of mall-ing. The lighting, though? Can be a bit dim. Perfect for hiding the mess I made, I suppose.
Parking? Is It a Nightmare?
Parking. Ugh. This depends. During peak times, yes. Especially if you’re trying to navigate the area around the mall. I remember one time, the parking situation was so dire I almost had to park on the side of the highway. Okay, maybe a slight exaggeration. But it was bad.
Element usually has its own parking, which is a plus, but keep an eye out for events happening at the mall. Those events can create absolute chaos. I'd suggest calling ahead and asking about the parking situation if you're worried, or better yet, just Uber. Or, take public transport… if you dare… Look, I drive. Parking is a necessary evil.
One time, I swear I saw a parking attendant weeping. Weeping! I didn’t blame him. It’s a tough job.
The Pool/Gym/Amenities? Are They Worth Using?
Okay, amenities time. The pool? Usually small, probably indoors. I've only used it once. It was… fine. Not exactly a tropical paradise. It's there, and it's probably swimmable. Bring a towel.
The gym? I haven’t seen it in years. I'm pretty sure it involves treadmills and weights. Basic stuff. The kind of gym you hit with all the best intentions, but end up completely missing. Listen, I'm on vacation, alright? I ate a waffle. Don't judge.
Element hotels usually offer a couple of extra perks – maybe free Wi-Fi (thank goodness), perhaps a small shop for snacks (essential), and likely some sort of laundry service (never used it). Don't expect anything too fancy. It's not the Four Seasons. It's a place to sleep, eat some breakfast, and… well, that’s about it.
Overall: Should I Stay There?

