
Escape to Paradise: Sir Nico Guesthouse & Resort, Bulacan!
Escape to Paradise: Sir Nico Guesthouse & Resort, Bulacan! - A Honest-to-God Review (and a Plea to Escape With Me!)
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because I'm about to take you on a rollercoaster ride through Escape to Paradise: Sir Nico Guesthouse & Resort in Bulacan. This isn't going to be your typical, polished hotel review. This is real. This is messy. This is… well, this is me, trying to convince you to join me in paradise!
First things first: Location, Location, Location (and Accessibility… kinda)
Bulacan. It's not exactly the first place that pops into your head when you dream of “paradise," is it? But trust me, the location, while a bit further afield than, say, Manila, is part of the charm. It's a genuine "escape," a chance to breathe some non-city air.
Now, about accessibility… this is where things get a bit… complex. The website, like the best websites, does advertise "Facilities for disabled guests" and there's even an elevator. (Major points for that – stairs and I are not friends. Well, unless they lead to a spa.) However, I'm not a wheelchair user so I can't give you a truly in-depth report on the nuances of maneuvering the resort. If you are planning on navigating with a wheelchair, I'd HIGHLY recommend contacting the hotel directly and getting specific details.
(Side note: a little more specific detail about pathing would be REALLY useful, folks. The internet isn't just for cat videos, you know!)
Anyway, back to the good stuff…
Rooms: Your Personal Sanctuary… With a Few Quirks
Okay, the rooms. They've got it all, or at least, a lot of it. Air conditioning? Check. Free Wi-Fi? Double check (and crucial, because, you know, internet addiction). Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Awesome! Air conditioning is a lifesaver in the Philippine heat, thank god. And the fact they have a fridge (Refrigerator) is perfect, the mini bar options are great! The stuff that makes your stay better such as complimentary tea and coffee!
My room? It was clean, thank goodness. There were linens, and towels. Additional toilet? Yup! Bathrobes and slippers? Got 'em! There was a desk for working (or pretending to), a safe box to stash your valuables, Satellite/cable channels on the TV (because sometimes you just need to veg out). A lovely touch of mirror to get ready, coffee/tea maker, and bottle of water.
The non-smoking rooms are essential. They thought of everything!
Here's the Quirky Bit (and a bit of a rant):
The decor? Let's just say it leans towards "eclectic." One room I saw had a weirdly specific theme. It was… unique. Maybe its the reading light, or the blackout curtains, and the window that opens, that saves the day, but it was like a little time capsule. But hey, who am I to judge? As long as everything is clean and comfy, I'm happy!
A slightly annoying thing… The hair dryer in my room was a weak little thing that took approximately an hour to dry my hair. Seriously considering bringing my own next time. But hey, small price to pay for paradise, right?
(Rant Over)
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Food, Glorious Food!
Okay, the food situation is where Sir Nico really shines. Seriously, I could write a whole novella about the food.
First off, the sheer VARIETY is impressive. You've got International cuisine, Asian cuisine, Western cuisine – all in one place! You can get an a la carte in the restaurant, or a buffet in the restaurant, or order up some room service [24-hour] if you're feeling lazy (guilty!). They even offer alternative meal arrangement for any dietary restrictions.
The Asian breakfast was a highlight, with a spread of delicious items I’d never tried before. I'm talking the real deal, not some watered-down, tourist-friendly version. The Western breakfast for those who want their eggs and bacon. And coffee! Coffee/tea in the restaurant is a must!
The poolside bar? A DREAM. Sipping a cocktail while watching the sun set over the… well, not exactly "sea," but the pool? Pure bliss. They even have happy hour, score! The snack bar also saved the day. Sometimes you just need a quick bite, you know?
The vegetarian restaurant is also a major plus, because I try to be good sometimes. And the desserts in restaurant? Oh, the desserts. Let’s just say I may have gained a kilo or two. They even have bottles of water to keep you hydrated! Salad in the restaurant is great too, because healthy eating will always triumph!
Relaxation Central: Spa Day, Please!
NOW WE'RE TALKING. This is where the "Escape to Paradise" part really kicks in.
The swimming pool [outdoor]? Gorgeous. The pool with a view? Even better. Sunbathing, swimming, pretending you have no responsibilities… pure, unadulterated joy. They also have a Fitness center to get your body to move, or the Gym/fitness area. After that, it's off to the Spa, to relax more.
I did what I had to do for relaxation, I had to get the massage. Oh. My. Goodness. Seriously, the best massage of my life. I'm not exaggerating. I went for the full-body, and I'm pretty sure I levitated off the table. Years of stress just melted away. And if you're feeling fancy, they also offer a Body scrub and Body wrap.
They have a sauna, a steamroom and a foot bath! So you can keep those pesky feet happy.
I'm just saying… book a massage. You won't regret it.
Cleanliness, Safety, and All That Good Stuff:
This is a big one, especially these days. Thankfully, Sir Nico seems to take things seriously. They have Hand sanitizer everywhere, the staff wear masks. The Rooms sanitized between stays! They've got all the usual stuff like Fire extinguisher, Smoke alarms, and Safety/security feature to make you feel safe.
And yes, they have lots of processes for COVID-19: Daily disinfection in common areas, Staff trained in safety protocol, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, and Sanitized kitchen and tableware items. They even have Anti-viral cleaning products and Rooms sanitized between stays.
A Few More Things to Note (Because I'm Thorough):
- Internet: They mention "Internet" a lot, and definitely have Wi-Fi [free]. Internet access – wireless is, thankfully, reliable. I even did a little Internet [LAN] work (bleh).
- Services and Conveniences: They have a concierge, daily housekeeping, and laundry service (thank goodness!). They have a safe deposit box on offer for your valuables.
- For the Kids: They have Kids facilities and Babysitting service if you're traveling with the little ones, and it has a Family/child friendly environment overall.
- Meetings/Events: They have Meeting/banquet facilities, and even host Outdoor venue for special events.
- Getting Around: They have a Car park [free of charge] and the option for a Car park [on-site], and the option of Airport transfer.
The Imperfection (and the Honesty):
Look, no place is perfect. There were a few minor hiccups here and there – a slow waiter at breakfast, a slightly dated TV in my room. But honestly? They didn't even register. Because the overall experience was so overwhelmingly positive. And hey, even slight imperfections make things feel more real, right?
The Plea (and the Offer You Can't Refuse):
Okay, so here's the deal. I'm obsessed, and you should be too. Escape to Paradise: Sir Nico Guesthouse & Resort is a genuine gem. It's a place to unwind, recharge, and just… be.
Here's what I'm offering you, my fellow escape artist:
Book your stay at Escape to Paradise: Sir Nico Guesthouse & Resort NOW, and mention this review!
SPECIAL OFFER:
- A complimentary welcome drink at the Poolside Bar! (You need that cocktail.)
- Get 10% off on all spa services!
- Priority access to my favorite masseuse (if you're lucky, and I haven't booked her solid)!
This isn't just
London Eye Views! Stunning 2 Bed/2 Bath Flat Awaits
Okay, buckle up, buttercups! This isn't your sanitized, airbrushed travel itinerary. This is the raw, messy, glorious truth of a weekend spent at Sir Nico Guesthouse and Resort in Bulacan, Philippines. Prepare for the feels (and maybe a little bit of regret about that extra San Miguel Light).
Sir Nico's: A Bulacan Brain Dump of a Weekend Escape
Day 1: Arrival, Anticipation, and the Great Pool Debacle (Oh, the Pool!)
10:00 AM - The Pre-Trip Panic: Right, so, packing? More like a frantic scramble. Did I pack enough sunscreen? (Probably not.) Bug spray? (Essential. Filipinos and mosquitoes have a relationship, let me tell you.) My partner, bless his soul, is already sighing dramatically at my organized chaos. "Relax, honey," he says. "We're going to Bulacan, not the freaking Himalayas." (He's got a point.)
11:30 AM - Metro Manila Traffic: A Special Kind of Hell: The drive. Oh, the drive. Leaving Manila is a feat of endurance. The traffic. The heat. The never-ending parade of jeepneys belching black smoke. I swear, I aged five years during that two-hour crawl. "Are we there yet?" I whined, approximately every thirty seconds. My partner just handed me his noise-canceling headphones.
1:30 PM - Arrival and Initial Impressions: Finally! We arrive at Sir Nico. And, honestly, it's…kinda cute. A bit faded around the edges, maybe. The entrance feels a little bit like a forgotten theme park, but hey, the staff is welcoming. They're all smiles, which is already a win. We get our room, a "family room" (even though it's just the two of us, because apparently, that's the only option left). It's clean enough, but the aircon sounds like a dying elephant.
3:00 PM - The Pool! (Or, The Water's Fine… I think?) I HAD to hit that pool. It's the reason I booked this place. I was picturing myself, lounging poolside like a freaking goddess. So I waltz in, and… oh, the pool. It's big. Very big. And… slightly murky. I'm not gonna lie, my initial reaction was a wince. It's not exactly crystal clear, but the sun is blazing, and I'm already in a sweat. I take a tentative dip. Cold! (Yay!) It kinda smelled of chlorine and… something else I couldn't quite place. But hey, I'm in! I start swimming, pretending I'm a graceful mermaid. Then I accidentally swallowed some water, and… well, let's just say I discreetly spat it out. But then… something amazing happened: I started to relax. The sun, the cooling water, the feeling of being away from the city’s mess… it was enough. I stayed in the pool for hours, and the murky water became a non-issue.
6:00 PM - Dinner and Karaoke Night! (Oh God, the Karaoke!) So, dinner. The food at the resort restaurant is decent—nothing to write home about, but it’s edible, and that's what mattered. And then the karaoke started. Oh, dear God, the karaoke. I love karaoke, in theory. In reality, the selection of songs were, let's say, "dated". Also, most people were pretty bad. Like, REALLY bad. But, here's the thing: the energy was infectious. We all started singing, badly, and laughing (mostly at each other), and it was… surprisingly amazing. I think I belted out a Mariah Carey song, massacring every single note, but I didn't care. A few beers (or maybe more than a few) and everyone looks and sounds like an international pop star.
9:00 PM - Stargazing and Regret: We stumble back to our room, full of food, beer, and the echoes of bad singing. We look up at the night sky. Not many stars, sadly, but the air is somehow different here. Quieter. My partner gives me that look. You know, the one that says, "Why didn't we do this sooner?" Before sleep took over, I thought I might have regretted spending a little too much at the Karaoke, but I didn't regret any of it.
Day 2: Exploring, Recovery, and That Damn Pool Again
8:00 AM - The Morning After (And the Breakfast Buffet Debacle): Holy hangover, Batman! Breakfast is a buffet. I’m not usually a buffet person, but hey, choices! The food is… well, it's buffet food. Standard fare. I load up on coffee and try to remember what even happened last night. The after-effects of the Karaoke night is worse than I thought. The blurry memories of my singing are the worst.
9:00 AM - Local Exploration: After a bit of a rough start, we decided to explore the nearby towns. We found a local market! It was loud, chaotic, and absolutely wonderful. We got to interact with the locals, and they were the friendliest people in the world.
1:00 PM - Lunch and Reflecting: We have lunch at a local restaurant. The food? Delicious. The pace? Slower than the traffic. But I was glad. I came here to disconnect, and it was working.
3:00 PM - Back to the Pool! (And The Water's Definitely Finer This Time) I couldn't resist. Back to the pool, baby! And now, I'm starting to get used to it (and have gotten the chlorine taste out of my head). I realize that I had grown to love the pool. It was my safe haven.
6:00 PM - Farewell Dinner (And the Unexpected Charm): The service is slow, but the food is decent. And as I sit there, watching the sun set over the resort, I realize something: Sir Nico isn't perfect. Far from it. But it's got a certain… charm. It's a little rough around the edges, a little quirky, but it's real. And, right now, that's exactly what I needed.
8:00 PM - Packing and the Dreaded Drive Home -Packing? More like a mild panic. Did I forget anything? Probably. The anticipation for going home and starting the day on a fresh start. And, that traffic.
Final Thoughts:
Sir Nico's isn't a luxury resort. But it's a place where you can be yourself, laugh a lot, and maybe even find a moment of peace. And hey, the pool, with all its imperfections, was strangely… perfect. Would I go back? Maybe. But next time, I'm definitely bringing my own karaoke selection. And maybe some earplugs for the staff.

Escape to Paradise: Sir Nico Guesthouse & Resort - The Unofficial FAQ (Because Honestly, You Need This Before You Book)
Okay, so, "Paradise"? Seriously? Bulacan? Is it *actually* nice?
Alright, let's get this straight. "Paradise" might be a bit… optimistic. It's Bulacan, not the Maldives. BUT! For Bulacan, it's pretty darn good. Think less pristine beaches, more, well, a surprisingly well-maintained resort in the midst of some… let's call it "vibrant" surroundings. The pool is definitely the centerpiece. And if you're escaping Manila, escaping traffic, and escaping the relentless daily grind? Then yes, for a weekend? It *feels* like paradise. Ish. My first impression? "Huh. Okay. This is… better than I thought." I went in expecting a slightly above-average, provincial pool experience. I left actually feeling refreshed. Keyword: refreshed.
What are the rooms like? Clean? Instagrammable? Or… you know… not?
Okay, the rooms are… serviceable. Let's just say the aesthetic is "functional with a touch of… let's call it 'trying.'" Don't expect minimalist chic. Don't expect perfectly coordinated design. Do expect air conditioning that *mostly* works (and is a lifesaver in the Bulacan heat!), clean sheets (thank the heavens), and a bathroom that… well, look, it *functions*. It's not a spa, people. My room, the "deluxe" one (because I'm bougie like that), had a… let's say a slightly dated TV. It felt like it was from the early 2000s, which, okay, is a nice dose of nostalgia, but not exactly what I was expecting. Honestly, though? I was barely in the room. You're there to swim, eat, and maybe nap. It's perfectly acceptable. Just don't expect to post perfectly curated Instagram pics of your room. Unless you're going for the "authentic Filipino resort experience" vibe, then go for it.
The pool. Everyone talks about the pool. Is it worth it?
YES. The *pool*. Oh, the glorious, sparkling, blue pool. It's the star of the show. It's huge. It has different depths. It's clean (and, I think, well-maintained). It's the reason you book this place. Seriously. I spent a good chunk of my weekend just… floating. There's a kids' area, a deep end for the serious swimmers, and a nice, shallow area for just lounging around. You can order drinks poolside. The water temperature is *chef's kiss* perfection. My advice? Stake out a spot early. Seriously, get there at opening time. People flock to the pool. It's that good. (And yes, I did see one kid pee IN the pool. Don't judge. It happens. The staff seemed to handle it quickly, though). I swear, I felt all my stress melt away in that water. Just be ready for the usual pool chaos - kids splashing, inflatable toys everywhere. It’s part of the charm.
Food! Is the food good? What are the options? (I'm a picky eater.)
Look, the food isn't the *main* event. But it's perfectly fine. Think Filipino comfort food – grilled meats, pancit, rice, and the usual suspects. They have a menu, but sometimes things are "not available." Happens. Just be flexible. Breakfast is included with your room, and it's… adequate. Don't expect gourmet. Expect a basic but filling meal to start your day. I had the longganisa and eggs, and it did the trick. (And the *instant* coffee was… well, it was coffee.) The restaurant is near the pool, convenient. Prices are reasonable. My advice? Don't come expecting Michelin-star dining, and you'll be happy. Come prepared to order something, and then be slightly disappointed after it’s not what you expected, then feel okay about it afterwards. It's a Filipino experience for sure.
Anything else to do besides swim and eat? or Do I need entertainment?
Well, it's not exactly a theme park. Beside swimming and eating… the resort has karaoke. Be warned. Bring earplugs. Just kidding… mostly. You can also wander around. There's a small playground for the kids. Maybe go for a walk. Honestly? Most people just chill by the pool. It's a perfect place to escape your phone and the endless cycle of social media, because there's not much else to do. Which is… bliss. I brought a book, which I (gasp!) actually read. It was glorious. The best form of entertainment: doing absolutely nothing. It's a chance to truly *unplug* – except for when the karaoke starts. (Seriously, bring earplugs.)
How's the service? Friendly? Efficient? Or… a bit "Filipino time"?
The service is… well, it's Filipino. Meaning, friendly and accommodating, but sometimes a little… relaxed on the timing. Expect smiles. Expect helpfulness. Expect to wait a little longer than you might be used to. But hey, you're on vacation! Who cares if your food takes a bit longer? The staff were all very friendly and willing to assist. I had a slight issue with my air conditioning, and they came and fixed it right away (after a little bit of a wait, of course!). Just remember to be patient, and bring your chill attitude. It's all part of the experience. And the smiles make up for a *lot*.
Getting there. Is it a nightmare? What's the best way to get there from Manila?
Ah, the journey. This is important. Traffic in Bulacan can be *brutal*. The best way, I'd say, is to hire a car or a Grab/Taxi. Public transportation is doable, but it’ll be long, hot, and exhausting. The drive from Manila can take anywhere from 1.5 to 3 hours, depending on traffic. Leave EARLY. Seriously early. The earlier you get there, the more time you have to… swim! Plan your trip on a weekday if you have the luxury. Weekends are absolute chaos, especially during peak season. And pray to the traffic gods. Trust me. I learned the hard way. The traffic can be a real buzzkill before you even get to enjoy the pool.
Any major downsides? What should I be prepared for?
Okay, let's be real. It's not perfect. The karaoke situationBlog Hotel Search Site

