
Escape to Paradise: Long Shan Hotel, Yilan, Taiwan - Your Dream Getaway Awaits!
Alright, strap in, buttercups! This isn't your average hotel review. We're diving headfirst into the Long Shan Hotel in Yilan, Taiwan – your "Dream Getaway" – and let's just say, the dream wasn't always as smooth as silk pajamas. Buckle up!
First Impressions & The Grand Entrance Fumble (Accessibility and General Ease):
Okay, so "Dream Getaway"… right? The website promised all the bells and whistles. Getting to the Long Shan Hotel was thankfully pretty smooth. Airport transfer? Check. (Relief is the first emotion, trust me, after a long flight). Finding the entrance itself? Actually, it was pretty swish. The lobby looked imposing. Grand, even. But my first thought? "Where's the accessibility ramp?" Because, let's be honest, I'm a bit of a clumsy klutz at times. Especially when trying to look glamorous after a 15-hour flight. Thankfully, there was an elevator, so bonus points there. Though, I confess, navigating the sheer size of the place felt a bit like wandering through a labyrinth. It's big, people. Really big. But elevator access and a readily available concierge? Saved the day.
The Room: My Personal Sanctuary (and a Few Quirks):
Alright, the room. Oh man, the ROOM! First, let's just say the "non-smoking" bit was a MAJOR win. Because, you know, lungs. The air conditioning? Glorious. The blackout curtains? A godsend for fighting jet lag. The bed? Extra long! Seriously, felt like I could do cartwheels on it. And the bathrobes? Yes, yes, a thousand times yes! I pretty much lived in that thing.
- Available in All Rooms: Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens.
However, the "bathroom phone"? Kinda weird. Who calls from the bathroom? And the "mirror"? I'm pretty sure I saw a ghost in it at 3 AM – must have been a pre-caffeinated hallucination. Also, the "on-demand movies" were… well, let's just say the selection wasn't exactly Oscar-worthy. But hey, free Wi-Fi? Woohoo! And the complimentary tea? Saved my soul.
Tech Troubles & Internet Shenanigans (Internet Access):
FREE Wi-Fi? Big selling point! And, thankfully, it worked… for the most part. Getting connected was a breeze, but the speed? Let's just say it wasn't exactly warp speed. Internet access – LAN was available too, but who even uses that anymore? Still, the fact that they offered it, shows thoroughness. But hey, for checking emails and binge-watching questionable TV shows, it did the trick. Plus, I didn't even have to pay for Wi-Fi!
Food, Glorious Food (and Some Moments of Mild Despair):
Okay, the food at Long Shan Hotel. This is where things got… interesting.
- Dining, drinking, and snacking: A la carte in restaurant, Alternative meal arrangement, Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Bar, Bottle of water, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, International cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar, Restaurants, Room service [24-hour], Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant.
The Asian breakfast was a triumph. Noodles, dumplings, the works! My inner foodie was doing a happy dance. The Western breakfast? Meh. Stick to the Asian, trust me. The buffet was massive, overwhelming even. But the sheer variety was impressive, even if some of it was… let’s just say, “adventurous.” The poolside bar was a lifesaver. Cocktails with a view? Yes, please! Happy hour was definitely a highlight. Just saying.
Spa, Sauna & Serenity (Or, My Attempt at Zen):
The spa area… now that was where the magic happened.
- ways to relax: Body scrub, Body wrap, Fitness center, Foot bath, Gym/fitness, Massage, Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor]
The massage was… a-mazing. Seriously, my shoulders were a solid rock before then. The pool with a view was stunning. Sun, water, and a cocktail in hand? Pure bliss. The sauna and steam room? Perfect for sweating out the stresses of… well, everything. I never made it the the fitness center/gym, so I cannot give any feedback towards it.
Safety and Cleanliness – A Sigh of Relief (Cleanliness and safety):
Okay, in these post-pandemic times, safety is huge for me.
- Cleanliness and safety: Anti-viral cleaning products, Breakfast in room, Breakfast takeaway service, Cashless payment service, Daily disinfection in common areas, Doctor/nurse on call, First aid kit, Hand sanitizer, Hot water linen and laundry washing, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Shared stationery removed, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment,
And, thankfully, Long Shan seemed to take it seriously. Daily disinfection in common areas? Check. Hand sanitizer everywhere? Big check. The staff seemed genuinely concerned about hygiene, which put my mind at ease. There's something reassuring about knowing the hotel is prioritizing your well-being. The individually-wrapped food options were a nice touch (even if they made me feel like a toddler at times). I appreciated the effort. Daily disinfection in common areas was also very important to me.
Things to Do (Beyond Lounging):
- Things to do:
Okay, so beyond the pool and spa, what's there to do? Yilan itself is beautiful, so there's the obvious stuff - exploring the local area, hitting the beaches, seeing the Rice Paddy fields, etc. The hotel itself offered a few things too. I think they offered some seminars on, like, tea tasting? I can't recall. I just spent most of my time soaking in the spa!
The Staff: A Mixed Bag (Service and General Vibe):
The staff were generally lovely. The front desk folks were helpful (especially with my attempts at speaking Mandarin). However, sometimes, there was a slight language barrier, which made things… interesting. (Picture me, waving my arms wildly, trying to order a coffee at 7 AM.) But hey, the effort was there, and that's what matters.
The Verdict: Dream Getaway?… Kinda. (Final Thoughts):
So, is the Long Shan Hotel a "Dream Getaway?" Partially. It has its flaws, sure. It's a little overwhelming in its size, and some things needed improvement. But the views were incredible, the spa was divine, the bed was heavenly, and the staff were genuinely great. For accessibility, I'd give it a solid B, nothing is perfect and I didn't have any major issues. If you are looking for a relaxing escape with pretty views, good food, and a chance to unwind, then, YES! The Long Shan Hotel is worth a visit. Just go in with realistic expectations, and prepare to embrace the quirks.
SEO-Optimized Offer: Book Your Long Shan Hotel Escape Now!
Tired of the everyday grind? Craving an unforgettable escape to the stunning Yilan, Taiwan?
Escape to Paradise: Long Shan Hotel, Yilan, Taiwan - Your Dream Getaway Awaits! offers an unparalleled experience in the heart of Taiwan.
Why Choose Long Shan Hotel?
- Unwind & Rejuvenate: Immerse yourself in ultimate relaxation with our luxurious spa, sauna, and steam room. Melt away stress with a rejuvenating massage and soak up the sun at our breathtaking pool with a view. Stay in shape with our Fitness center.
- Culinary Delights: Indulge in a culinary adventure with our diverse dining options. Enjoy authentic Asian cuisine, savor delicious desserts, sip cocktails at the poolside bar, or enjoy a hearty Western breakfast. Breakfast buffet included.

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's itinerary. This is my itinerary. My messy, slightly panicked, probably-gonna-lose-my-sunglasses-before-lunch itinerary for the Long Shan Hotel in Yilan, Taiwan. Prepare for tangents, opinions, and the occasional existential crisis spurred by a particularly delicious pineapple cake.
Day 1: Arrival and the Great Noodles of Anxiety (and Joy)
1:00 PM: Touchdown at Taoyuan International Airport. Okay, first hurdle: Immigration. I swear, every time I get to the passport control, my brain short-circuits. Suddenly, I can't remember my name, where I'm staying, or whether I’ve ever even seen a passport before. But, miraculously, I make it through. Success! Now, to find the bus to Yilan. Pro Tip: Learn some basic Mandarin before you go. My attempts at charades with the information booth lady were… enthusiastic, but ultimately, confusing.
4:00 PM: Arrive at Long Shan Hotel. Ah, the hotel. The pictures looked all serene and spa-like. In reality? It's… well, it’s lovely. The lobby smells faintly of incense and promises of tranquility. The staff? Super polite, bless their souls, they're dealing with me. Check-in went relatively smoothly - no major meltdowns, just a minor "Oh dear, I forgot my pen to sign the guest book!" moment and a frantic search through my bottomless pit of a backpack.
5:00 PM: Room settled. I'm staring at the window, the view of Yilan is pretty amazing, and for a moment, I think, "Wow, I can totally do this travel thing". Then, the stomach rumbles. Food is always the test, isn't it?
6:00 PM: Dinner Time. I'm determined to find some authentic Taiwanese street food. The hotel staff recommended a place, but getting there! Google Maps says it's a 15-minute walk. "Easy," I think. "I love walking." Famous. Last. Words. Turns out, a 15-minute walk in Taiwanese humidity feels like climbing Everest. I'm already sweating through my clothes and questioning all my life choices.
6:30 PM: The Noodles: I find it! a little food stall, looks a bit sketchy, which means it's probably amazing. I see a lady with a full head of white hair cooking noodles and I point frantically at a picture. The steam, the noise, the sheer energy of the place is overwhelming. She smiles and dishes me up a bowl. Then I taste… OH. MY. GOD. This is the best bowl of noodles I’ve ever had in my life. The broth is rich, the noodles are perfectly cooked, and the meat is so tender it melts in your mouth. I devour it in about two minutes, practically inhaling the whole thing. I'm pretty sure I made slurping sounds that would make a toddler cringe, but frankly, I don't care. Bliss.
7:30 PM: The aftermath: More noodles. I order a second bowl and another. The joy is intense at the amazing food. I finish the second bowl and look at the cook and smile because I have no choice but to show my happy feelings. I am in awe of her and I decide for myself in that moment that I will live the next 2 weeks on this food only. Pure happiness.
8:30 PM: Stagger back to the hotel, feeling about 10 pounds heavier and incredibly content. Okay, maybe I overdid it on the noodles, but honestly? No regrets. Tonight, I'm sleeping like a baby. Except, wait. I forgot my phone charger! DAMMIT!
9:00 PM: Back to the shop for a charger. I see the cook and wave with the biggest smile of my face. I have found nirvana.
10:00 PM: Sleep.
Day 2: The Rice Paddy Revelation and a Questionable Karaoke Attempt
8:00 AM: Wake up, filled with noodles dreams. The complimentary breakfast at the hotel is… adequate. The congee is nice, but the cold cuts look a bit… dubious. I opt for a pastry and a load of coffee. Fueling up for the day!
9:00 AM: Day Trip to the rice paddies. The hotel provided a shuttle, which is awesome. We stop at a local village where the air smells of earth. I’m a city girl, so witnessing these fields is actually overwhelming. The expanse of green, the way the sunlight plays on the water, the calm… it's genuinely moving. I stand there, and think quietly "I don't deserve this".
10:00 AM: The farmer, bless his heart, tries to teach us how to plant rice. Turns out, I’m not very good at it. My attempts at forming a straight line are comical, and I end up covered in mud. Pro Tip: Wear shoes you don't mind getting dirty. But, hey, I got a photo!
12:00 PM: Lunch at a local restaurant near the rice paddies. Freshly cooked food and amazing tea. I start to understand why people do this "travel" thing.
1:30 PM: Back to the hotel for a bit of a break. I really want to relax and enjoy the spa.
3:00 PM: Spa and then to the karaoke. Oh dear. The karaoke. The hotel has a karaoke room. I think it's a good idea. My singing is… let's just say it's a work in progress. I pick a song I know a little of, and about 30 seconds in, I realize I've forgotten the lyrics. I start laughing so hard I can barely breathe. It's a beautiful train wreck. I'm pretty sure the staff can hear me and I die of embarrassment.
5:00 PM: Regroup and rest. I buy more noodles from a stall.
7:00 PM: Dinner again, somewhere different. I'm starting by navigating the streets, and even though I look clueless, I'm kind of loving it. It makes me feel alive.
9:00 PM: Early nights.
Day 3 and Beyond: (The following days are going to be a bit more… flexible, because frankly, chaos is inevitable.)
- Possible Activities (in no particular order, and subject to change based on my mood and noodle availability):
- Explore the local night markets: Embrace the delicious chaos!
- Hiking the trails: Maybe. If I have the energy. And enough water. And maybe a sherpa.
- Visit a tea plantation: Pretend to be sophisticated.
- Attempt to learn some Mandarin: Fail spectacularly.
- Spend a lot of time eating.
- Getting lost.
- Taking a bunch more naps because jet lag is relentless.
- Emotional Goal: Remain optimistic! Try to laugh at my mistakes! And most importantly, find more noodles. Perhaps I will follow the noodles. Wherever the journey takes me.
Important Note: This itinerary is fluid. It's subject to change based on my whims, the weather, the availability of pineapple cakes, and how many times I get lost. I'm aiming for adventure. I'm aiming for enlightenment. But mostly, I'm aiming for delicious food and hopefully, a charger that works. Wish me luck! I'm going to need it.
Escape to Paradise: Eco-Friendly Can Gio Getaway
Escape to Paradise: Long Shan Hotel, Yilan - Your Dream Getaway (Emphasis on *Your* Experience, Alright?)
Okay, spill it! Is this place ACTUALLY paradise, or just another Instagram trap?
Alright, alright, lemme be real with you. Long Shan Hotel? Yeah, it's got that potential. The pictures? Gorgeous. The reality?… well, it wobbles a bit. Think of it like a really beautifully frosted cake. Sometimes the frosting cracks a little. Sometimes you get a bite of pure, unadulterated deliciousness. Other times… you might discover a rogue crumb. (I'm still obsessed with cake, okay?)
The lobby? Stunning. Giant windows looking out at the rice paddies? Breathtaking. I legit gasped when I walked in. And then I nearly tripped over a decorative rock. (Don't judge, it was dark-ish.) So, yeah, it's a visual feast. Definitely Instagrammable. But it's *living* Instagram. You know? Real life, with all its glorious, slightly messy imperfections.
The Rooms! Are they as dreamy as they look in the photos? Because, honestly, those photos are *good*.
Okay, the rooms… sigh. They *try*. They really, truly do. My room? Huge. Bathtub with a view? Check. Balcony overlooking the rice paddies? Check, check, check! And for a hot sec, I felt like royalty. Like, I was actually *living* in a postcard.
Then… the air conditioning decided to take a nap. And I'm talking, like, the whole "Gone with the Wind" kind of nap which lasted for several hours. Sweat. Lots of sweat. I finally called reception (which, by the way, had ridiculously charming staff, always helpful) and they fixed it. Eventually. So, maybe pack a fan? Just in case. And a spare t-shirt. For emergencies. And maybe a tiny, emergency bottle of wine. Because, you know, emergencies.
Oh, and the bed! Heavenly. Seriously, I wanted to steal it. Stuffed animals and all. (Okay, maybe not the stuffed animals, but the bed!)
The Food! Let's be honest, that's a HUGE deal breaker. What's the skinny on the grub?
The food… *breathes deeply*. Okay, so, they have a restaurant. The breakfast buffet is… okay. A bit… predictable. Typical hotel breakfast fare. Eggs. Bacon. Toast. Croissants that were a little… sad. But, they had congee! And the congee, my friends, was a hug in a bowl. Seriously, I could have eaten that congee for every single meal. (I might have. Don't judge.)
Dinner? Different story. Their a la carte menu was… interesting. Some dishes were absolutely phenomenal. Like, melt-in-your-mouth, culinary masterpieces. Others… well, let's just say my taste buds had a few existential crises. I ordered a dish that was described as "spicy and flavorful" and, I swear, it tasted like someone had tried to set fire to a pepper and then drowned it in… something. I don't even know. But the *next* dish? Heaven. Pure, unadulterated heaven. So, yeah, it's a gamble. But a gamble worth taking!
What about the activities? Is there anything to DO besides stare out the window and pray the AC works?
Oh honey, YES! Though, the window-staring is highly encouraged. It's gorgeous. But, yeah, there's more. They have a pool. A lovely, relaxing pool. I spent a whole afternoon there, just floating. Pure bliss. Then a kid splashed me. (Kids! They're cute, but splashy.)
They offer bike rentals! And Yilan is beautiful. This is the *real* adventure. The hotel has a spa. I didn't use it (budget, people!) but I peeked in. Looked very zen. Basically, you can do as much, or as little, as you please. Which, honestly, is a huge selling point. I'm a big fan of the 'doing nothing' option. And in Yilan, doing nothing is… *perfect*.
And oh! They have a karaoke room! I didn't go. But my inner karaoke diva was screaming at me to go. Next time. Definitely.
Is it kid-friendly? Because, you know, *that* is a crucial question.
Okay, listen. I don't have kids. So, take my opinion with a grain of salt. But from what I observed? Yes. Very. There were families *everywhere*. And the kids seemed happy. The pool is shallow in parts. There’s green space for them to run around. The staff were super patient and accommodating. I saw several little ones demolishing the breakfast buffet with gusto. So, yeah. Kid-friendly. Prepare for splashes, though! (See above.)
What's the best thing about Long Shan Hotel? Spill the tea!
The BEST thing? Okay, this is gonna sound cheesy, but… the feeling. That sense of escape. That feeling of being away from it all. (Unless the AC breaks, then you're thinking about the AC. And the sweat.) But seriously, the views. The air. The general vibe. It's… restorative. Even with the AC drama and the occasional culinary curveball. I left feeling… calmer. More centered. And definitely craving congee. (Seriously, the congee.)
The Worst Thing? Don't sugarcoat it!
Okay. HONESTLY? The Wi-Fi. It was… temperamental. Like a moody teenager. Worked great sometimes. Other times? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Which, I guess, is good if you're trying to *truly* escape. But if you're, you know, trying to check your emails (I had to, dammit!), it was a pain. And the unpredictable air-conditioning experience.
Would you go back? (And be honest!)
Absolutely. With a portable fan. And a secret stash of congeeStaynado

