
Penang Paradise: Rooftop Pool & 3BR Suite Sleeps 10! (WL UA133A)
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the swirling turquoise vortex that is the Penang Paradise: Rooftop Pool & 3BR Suite Sleeps 10! (WL UA133A). Forget dry, clinical reviews – this is going to be messy, opinionated, and hopefully, a damn good time. Let's get real about this place.
First off, the selling point, THE BIG ONE. ROOFTOP POOL! Look, I've seen pools. I've been in pools. But this one? This one had me at hello. Picture this: the sun is setting, painting the sky in these ridiculous, Instagram-worthy hues. You're bobbing around in perfectly cool water, a cocktail (or two, no judgment) in your hand, the city twinkling below like a scattered handful of diamonds. Actually, I spent a solid two hours just staring at the view. Completely and utterly mesmerized. Forget all your worries, because they just…vanish. Now, the pool itself isn't enormous – maybe a bit crowded during peak hours, but the view alone makes it worth the squeeze. And it is a view with a capital V.
The 3BR Suite Sleeps 10! part? Yeah, that's not just advertising fluff. We crammed a whole family in there (kids, in-laws, the works… it’s a long story) and it still felt spacious. Each room had its own personality, but the best part? Separate bathrooms. Absolute lifesaver. Remember: 10 people. Trust me, you need those separate bathrooms, especially during the morning rush. They’re kinda basic, but they work.
Now, let's get down to the nitty-gritty, the stuff that actually matters.
Cleanliness and Safety: Okay, I have to admit, I went in skeptical. Post-pandemic, you never know. But WOW. This place was seriously spotless. They've got the whole Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Rooms sanitized between stays, and Staff trained in safety protocol thing DOWN. Felt seriously reassured. We’re talking super clean. And the hand sanitizer stations? Everywhere. They were everywhere. A bit overkill? Maybe. But hey, better safe than sorry, right?
Accessibility: Now, I didn't personally need accessibility features, but the website mentions Facilities for disabled guests and an Elevator. It's something to check on specific needs, but it seems they've put some thought into it.
Internet: (Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!) Okay, the speed wasn’t blazing fast, but it was reliable. Important when you have kids streaming cartoons on repeat, and your partner trying to Zoom in for work!
Dining, drinking, and snacking, oh my!
- Restaurants: There are restaurants on-site. We tried a few, nothing Michelin star, but generally solid. The Breakfast [buffet] was decent – the usual eggs, pastries, fruit. They also offer Asian breakfast and International cuisine in restaurant.
- Poolside bar: Yep, that magical place I mentioned earlier. Poolside bar. Slushies, fruity drinks, some nibbles… perfect for a sunset moment.
- Room service [24-hour]: Now this is important. Because after a day of sightseeing (and dealing with the family) you just have to have a burger at 2 am. It really is 24-hour and super convenient and it saved me a few times over.
- Coffee shop: We didn't hit this one, because the in-room coffee situation was manageable.
- Snack bar: Handy for a quick bite/emergency chocolate bar run.
Things to Do & Ways to Relax:
- Swimming pool [outdoor], check.
- Spa: didn’t get to the spa, but tempting. After the kids, I needed it.
- Fitness center: Actually decent. I used it more out of guilt than actual desire, but it kept me from feeling like a complete sloth.
- Massage: Definitely on my list next time.
- Sauna, Spa/sauna: Same as with the spa
Services and Conveniences:
- Concierge: Super helpful with booking tours and answering questions.
- Cash withdrawal & Convenience store: Handy, because forgetting sunscreen on a beach trip is a crime.
- Laundry service: Praise be!
- Air conditioning in public area: And in the rooms! Because Penang weather is serious.
For the Kids & Access:
- Babysitting service: Need this. Will definitely check it out in the future.
- Family/child friendly: Yep. You want to bring the kids? They are welcome.
- CCTV in common areas, Security [24-hour]: Made me feel safe.
Getting Around:
- Airport transfer: Yes, thank goodness. Traveling with kids? Never have to worry.
- Car park [free of charge]: Awesome.
- Taxi service: Easy to find.
Alright, the not-so-perfect bits: Sure, there were a few small imperfections. The decor is a little… generic. A bit more quirky design would really make the suites sing. And at times there are some minor glitches when it comes to service. But overall, the pros far outweigh the cons.
My Honest-to-Goodness Emotional Reaction: Look, this place isn't flawless. But the rooftop pool? The spacious suites? The generally friendly staff? It created a truly memorable experience that outweighed everything. The kid's were happy. The family was together. And for that I recommend it.
SEO-Friendly Conclusion & Call to Action (aka, the sell):
Penang Paradise: Rooftop Pool & 3BR Suite Sleeps 10! (WL UA133A) – Your Ultimate Family Getaway! Imagine waking up to breathtaking views, splashing in an incredible rooftop pool, and having enough space for the whole crew! We're talking clean, safe suites, plus amenities galore – from delicious dining options to convenient services. But before you get the itch for that amazing rooftop pool, get your booking. Book it now! Click Here, Book Your Escape!
Escape to Paradise: Hung Shen Hotel, Pingtung's Hidden Gem
Alright, buckle up, buttercups! This ain't your sanitized, travel-brochure itinerary. This is the REAL DEAL, the messy, glorious, slightly-panicked-but-mostly-excited plan for our posse descending upon the HOT-Urban Suite in Penang. Let's get this show on the road!
Penang Panic! A Hot-Urban Suite Debauchery Itinerary (10 Souls, Prepare Yourselves)
Day 1: Arrival & Instant Noodles of Despair (And Hope!)
Afternoon (Around 2:00 PM Malaysian Time): Touchdown at Penang International Airport. Ugh, airports. Always a chaotic symphony of screaming babies, indecipherable announcements, and the faint scent of jet fuel. Pray the immigration line isn't a soul-crushing marathon. (First real-world setback possibility: Luggage MIA. Seriously, it's happened. Pack travel-sized emergency essentials, people!)
Transport: Grab a Grab (Penang's version of Uber/Lyft). Hopefully, we can cram all ten of us and our mountain of luggage into a single van. If not, well, Team A gets the main stash, and Team B can sulk in their own private Grab. The emotional fallout from this decision will be REAL.
Afternoon/Early Evening (4:00 PM): Arrive at HOT-Urban Suite. Holy. Freaking. Cow. Pray the photos online actually match reality. I'm envisioning pristine rooftop pool views, but let's be real, the reality might involve a rogue pigeon and a questionable water filter. (Second real-world setback possibility: The suite is not what was advertised. Prepare for passive-aggressive emails and desperate pleas for a discount. I’m already getting a little twitchy.)
Unpacking & Suite Recon: Mandatory room assignments. This is where friendships will be forged and tested. Remember: Diplomacy is KEY. Then, the great unpacking scramble begins. Who snagged the room with the best view? Who gets stuck with the tiny single bed? (Spoiler alert: It’s probably me.)
Evening (7:00 PM): The Instant Noodle Apocalypse. After a long travel if we are too exhausted to go out, it’s a simple solution to prepare instant noodles bought during the earlier day, or bought near the accommodation. I'm praying someone remembered to bring the proper condiments. (Sriracha is a non-negotiable, people.)
Evening (8:30 PM): Rooftop Pool Reconnaissance. Sundowners and first impressions of the view. I hope it's as Instagrammable as it looks because I’m already mentally composing captions. (Quirky observation: Will there be epic pool party potential? Probably not, but a girl can dream.)
Evening (9:30 PM): First Night Debrief & Bedtime. Let everyone share the highlights, and downfalls from the first day. We should go to sleep early as we should save our energy to go exploring tomorrow.
Day 2: Georgetown's Charm & Street Food FOMO
Morning (9:00 AM): Wake up! (Or crawl out of bed, depending on how much "debriefing" happened last night.) Hit up the food vendors near the hotel. Breakfast! I'm dreaming of asam laksa and char kway teow already. My stomach is rumbling in anticipation, and I am already planning my Instagram feed for the day.
Morning (10:00 AM): Georgetown Exploration. Armed with a map (or, let's be honest, Google Maps) and a thirst for adventure. Walking tour time! Mural hunting, architectural gawking, and the inevitable group photo sessions in front of every Instagram-famous landmark. Embrace the chaos, people!
Lunch (1:00 PM): Street Food Extravaganza. This is where things get serious. I’ve heard Penang is a food paradise. I've pre-researched the MUST-TRY dishes (Laksa, Chendol, Nasi Kandar, oh my!). My taste buds are already doing the tango. I’m mentally preparing to eat myself into a food coma. (Emotional Reaction: Pure, unadulterated excitement. This is why we came!)
Afternoon (3:00 PM): More Georgetown Wanderings & Shopping. Time to get lost in side streets! Browse local shops, hunt for souvenirs, and maybe even attempt to haggle. (I'm terrible at this, but I'll try.) (Messier Structure Alert: This is where the itinerary goes slightly off-the-rails. We might end up in a random tea house, discover a hidden art gallery, or get completely sidetracked by a stray cat. Embrace it!)
Afternoon (5:00 PM): Coffee Break! Coffee shops are everywhere in Georgetown, and it's a great chance to relax and enjoy the view, and also take some photos.
Evening (7:00 PM): Dinner. This is where we'll try to hit up a restaurant or hawker stall we missed earlier.
Night (9:00 PM): Night Market Mania. If energy allows it. More street food, more souvenirs. We're either going to be utterly exhausted or buzzing with adrenaline. Both are acceptable.
Day 3: Beach Bliss & Cultural Immersion (Maybe!)
- Morning (9:00 AM): Beach Day! Batu Ferringhi, here we come! Sunscreen, swimsuits, and the mandatory Instagram beach photos. I have a suspicion that the pool will be less crowded today.
- Morning (10:00 AM): Beach Activities! Swimming, sunbathing, maybe some beach volleyball (if we have any energy left). The option to try water sports (jet skis, banana boats – I’m a sucker for that tourist-trap stuff)
- Lunch (1:00 PM): Beachside lunch. Fresh seafood, cold drinks, and the sound of the waves. Pure bliss. (Opinionated Language: If the food isn’t up to par I will be very grumpy.)
- Afternoon (3:00 PM): Cultural Immersion (Attempt #1). If our sun-baked brains can handle it, we might visit the Kek Lok Si Temple or the Pinang Peranakan Mansion. If not, nap time. No shame, people. No shame.
- Evening (6:00 PM): Dinner & Drinks. Maybe a restaurant with a view, maybe a rooftop bar. Depends on our mood. (Anecdote Alert: I’m already picturing us all having a massive sing-along, fueled by cheap cocktails and questionable karaoke skills.)
Day 4: Departure & Post-Penang Blues
- Morning (9:00 AM): Last Breakfast in Penang. Scramble for leftovers. One last hurrah at a favorite hawker stall!
- Morning (10:00 AM): Pack up and say an emotional goodbye to the HOT-Urban Suite.
- Afternoon (12:00 PM): Head to airport.
- Afternoon (2:00 PM): Head back home.
Day 5: Return To Reality, and the Aftermath
- Morning (9:00 AM): Back to reality, back at the office. But with memories that would last a lifetime.
And that's it! This is just a guide. Anything can happen. We might get lost, we might have arguments, we might discover a hidden gem, or just spend three days eating. Whatever happens, it will be an adventure. And I can’t wait!
P.S. Don’t forget the bug spray, Dramamine (just in case), and a healthy dose of patience. We're gonna need it. And maybe a few therapy sessions after. Kidding (mostly…)
Victoria Soho Suites Manila: Your Dream Philippine Getaway Awaits!
Penang Paradise: The REAL Deal (Rooftop Pool & 3BR Suite Sleeps 10!) – My Brain Dump of Questions You *Might* Actually Have...
So, is that rooftop pool truly Instagram-worthy, or just another blurry photo op letdown?
Okay, honesty hour: the pool? *It's pretty darn good.* Let's be real, I went in there expecting a slightly-better-than-average hotel pool. Surprise! It's got that panoramic view of Georgetown that makes your Instagram feed weep with joy. First, the *view*! Okay, fine, maybe everyone’s photos are retouched, but it's stunning. We spent like, an hour just pointing at stuff and saying, “Is that the Komtar Tower? Yep, that’s definitely the sea. Oh, a bird! Look at us, pretending we’re high society.” 🤣 The only downside? Finding a sunbed felt like the Hunger Games. We got there late one morning, after a killer nasi kandar breakfast (more on that later!), and it was PACKED. Had to linger awkwardly, eyeing a couple with a toddler who looked like they were about to pack up. Finally snagged one. Victory felt sweeter than a cendol. Be warned though, the sun’s intense, so bring sunscreen, and maybe a hat that screams "I'm on vacation and own this place." (I didn't, and I regret it.)
Can ten people *actually* feel comfortable in this suite? Or is it a sardine can with air conditioning?
Alright, the *size* of the thing is impressive! It's not cramped. We had a whole family trip, and it was actually, shockingly, decent. Yes, people can get on each other’s nerves. (I'm looking at you, Uncle Bob and your snoring saga!) But there's enough space to, you know, *escape* each other. The living room’s massive, which is great for pre-dinner drinks and chaotic card games. The bedrooms? Well, they're bedrooms. They have beds, air conditioning, and, most importantly, doors you can slam when the family drama kicks off. The biggest challenge? The bathroom situation. One for ten? Yeah, it's not ideal. It's like planning a military operation to coordinate showers. Get ready for a lot of, "Are you *still* in there?" shouts. We solved this with strategic early morning bathroom usage by some of us. We're not the perfect crew, by any means. But, we survived, and that’s what counts.
Is it truly, REALLY, close to the food? Because my vacation diet is "everything delicious, everywhere."
Oh. My. Goodness. The food situation? Penang is heaven, and this place is like, the pearly gates to heaven. Okay, so the location is GOOD. I'm not going to say you can *literally* roll out of bed and into a street food stall, but it's close enough. You can walk to some of the best places to eat. Which, honestly, is a serious advantage, because you can justify all the calories consumed. We started our days with *huge* breakfasts – trying everything! (My pants are now slightly tighter, just FYI.) We hunted down the best Char Kway Teow, and the best Laksa, and the best whatever smelled amazing. My recommendation? Don't even *think* about counting calories. Embrace the gluttony. You’ll regret it if you don't. Find those hawker centers. Feel the heat, the smells, the energy. It's pure Penang magic. The hardest part? Deciding *what* to eat next. I almost had a meltdown.
What was the Wi-Fi like? I need to be online to make everyone else jealous… with photos.
Okay, the Wi-Fi was… acceptable. It's not the blistering speed of the future, but it did the job. I managed to upload all my jealousy-inducing photos. Which, let’s be honest, is the most important thing. There were some moments of buffering, and the occasional dropped connection, of course, because, you know, you're sharing it with ten people, and a bunch of other guests probably. I got frustrated a few times, and muttered creative profanities, but the connection was mostly reliable. I remember, wanting to show this killer picture of a sunset over chendol that I took to my friend, and I was on the edge of losing it! It was finally uploaded after a good long while but by then, the post was so delayed the moment had passed. You know how that is...
Is it really *clean*? Because, cleanliness is next to godliness, and I'm not about to live in a pigsty.
The cleanliness was generally good. It was definitely not a roach motel, or the kind of place where you need to wear shoes inside. The cleaning staff did a good job of keeping the place tidy. The kitchen I'll say wasn't spotless, but that can happen because, after all, we were 10 people and the kitchen was in use *a lot*. The things you'd expect to be clean, like the bathrooms and the beds, were all in good shape. Overall? I'd describe it as "comfortably clean." It wasn't pristine, but it was definitely not gross. And, let's be real, when you're on vacation, you're probably going to make a bit of a mess anyway. I know I did!
Okay, so the family is *finally* on board. What’s the best way to get around – and not end up in a yelling match?
Grab, Grab, Grab! My advice? Download the Grab app (Southeast Asia's version of Uber/Lyft) *immediately*. It's the best way to get around. Taxis are notoriously a bit… unreliable, shall we say. Trying to negotiate prices with a taxi driver in the baking sun is my idea of hell. With Grab, the price is set, and the app is easy peasy. We used Grab almost exclusively. We did have a couple of minor meltdowns when we tried to cram five people into a Grab car that was only really meant for four, but all things considered, it was smooth sailing. You can also rent a car if you're feeling adventurous, but parking in Georgetown can be a NIGHTMARE. Stick with Grab. And for the love of all that is holy, *agree on a pick-up point beforehand*! The amount of time wasted wandering around in circles looking for each other… let's just say, it tested the family's patience!
Honestly, would you go back? Or is this a one-and-done experience?
Absolutely, without a doubt, I'd go back! I’m already planning my return. Penang is magical. And this place, flaws and all, worked *perfectly* for my family. The rooftop pool, the food, the location, the space... it all made for a fantastic vacation. Sure, there were some hiccups.Hotel Explorers

