
Fairfield by Marriott Belitung: Paradise Found in Indonesia (Luxury Getaway!)
Fairfield by Marriott Belitung: Honestly, Paradise with a Few Quirks (Long Review, Read with Coffee!)
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I just got back from Fairfield by Marriott Belitung, and honestly? I’m still unpacking the sand from my… well, everywhere. This isn’t your sterile, perfectly-reviewed hotel. This is the real deal, with all its glorious imperfections and unexpected treasures. So, here's the lowdown, warts and all, of what it's like to experience "Paradise Found" in Indonesia, Fairfield style.
First Impressions & Accessibility – Smooth Enough, Mostly:
Getting there was… an adventure. The airport transfer (thankfully included!) was a lifesaver after the long flight. The hotel itself is pretty accessible, which is a huge plus. Wheelchair accessibility seems decent, with elevators and ramps readily available. The main areas are generally flat and easy to navigate. The 24-hour front desk is a blessing after a red-eye, and the express check-in/out? Genius. My luggage, thankfully, was taken care of to be transported to the room with the help of the Doorman and the Luggage storage was a great help and was very appreciated.
Rant Alert: Now, I'm not a huge fan of the world "paradise," it's a bit overdone, right? But Belitung? It’s stunning. Seriously. And the hotel does a pretty good job of letting you soak it in.
Internet – Gotta Have It (Even in Paradise):
Okay, let's be real. We're all addicted to our screens. Thankfully, Wi-Fi is free in all rooms! Hooray! And it’s actually pretty decent, which is a huge relief when you're trying to upload those Insta-worthy sunset pics. There's also Internet access – LAN in the rooms if you're feeling old-school (and maybe need a more stable connection for a Zoom call, heaven forbid). Internet services were generally reliable. However, if you're hoping for super-speedy bandwidth, you might be a tad disappointed, but hey, you’re on an island! Accept it, breathe, and stare at the view for a second, you'll have plenty of time.
Rooms – Cozy, Comfortable, and Kitted Out:
The rooms? Pretty standard Fairfield fare, but clean, comfy, and well-equipped. Air conditioning blasted like a champ, which was a lifesaver in the Belitung heat. Blackout curtains? Yes, please! The bed was comfy, with extra long beds! Bathrobes and slippers? A touch of luxury that I appreciate. I love that little things like complimentary bottled water and coffee/tea makers are provided. Also, In-room safe box, because losing your passport would ruin the entire trip. I think that the Non-smoking rooms are absolutely top notch!
They even have all the little things like hair dryers, ironing facilities, complimentary toiletries, and even mirrors, which, hey, I used a lot (judge me, I dare you!).
Food Glorious Food (and a Little Bit of a Food Coma):
The food situation at Fairfield Belitung is… diverse. The Asian breakfast was my jam (hello Nasi Goreng and fresh fruit!), and the Western breakfast will keep your tummy happy! The restaurant offers a buffet or A la carte in restaurant, so there are multiple choices depending on your mood. It also offers Alternative meal arrangement. I was also very happy for their Coffee shop and Poolside bar, for the hot days!
The restaurants were pretty well-maintained, offering Asian cuisine in restaurant, International Cuisine, Vegetarian restaurant with some soup options. They do offer Breakfast in room and Breakfast takeaway service, and room service [24-hour] is a lifesaver, especially after a long day of sunbathing.
I loved the happy hour drinks at the bar!
Important Note: The buffet wasn't HUGE, but the quality was decent. The coffee/tea in restaurant was fine, not mind-blowing, but perfectly acceptable.
Things to Do & Ways to Relax - Spa Day, Anyone?:
Okay, this is where Fairfield Belitung really shines. The Swimming pool [outdoor] is gorgeous, and the Pool with view is just… ugh, perfection. I spent HOURS floating around, staring at the turquoise water. Pure bliss.
They have a Fitness center if you’re into that sort of thing (I glanced in once… and then went back to the pool). And, let’s be honest, the spa is the real draw. The massage was divine, and the Body scrub and Body wrap were chef's kiss. I’m not even kidding; I think I shed a layer of stress I didn't even know I was carrying. They have a sauna, spa/sauna, steamroom, and a foot bath. It's basically a guilt-free excuse to be pampered within reasonable pricing.
Cleanliness & Safety – Pandemic-Ready (But Not Perfect):
This is something I really pay attention to now. Fairfield Belitung takes cleanliness seriously. They use Anti-viral cleaning products, have daily disinfection in common areas, and the staff trained in safety protocol were very visible. Hand sanitizer was everywhere, and the rooms had Room sanitization opt-out available, which I liked. The safe dining setup with Sanitized kitchen and tableware items was also reassuring. They even provide Individually-wrapped food options, which is a nice touch.
Service & Conveniences – Mostly Spot On:
The staff are genuinely friendly and helpful. The concierge was great for booking tours, and the daily housekeeping kept everything sparkling. They also have a gift/souvenir shop, because you always need a cheesy t-shirt to remind you of your trip, don't lie. Laundry service and dry cleaning will come in handy. The Elevator is perfect for my room on the high floor.
The Quirky Bits (Because Life Isn’t Always Smooth Sailing):
- The Location: It's a bit away from the main tourist drag, which is both a blessing and a curse. It's quiet and peaceful, but you'll need a taxi or the airport transfer to get around.
- The "Shrine": There's a little corner (I guess a Shrine) somewhere off the main lobby… I’m not sure what it was, but it was there. I'm pretty spiritual, but I found it a bit out of place.
- The WiFi: Though generally good, it sometimes faltered. Be patient, breathe, and enjoy the view.
- The "Couple's Room": Because who wouldn't want that?
For the Kids – Family Friendly (But Not Disneyland):
They are Family/child friendly, but it's not a playground. They do have babysitting service, and may have kids facilities and kids meal.
Getting Around:
The car park [free of charge] is a big plus. The taxi service and the provided airport transfer will come in handy. And they also have Car power charging station.
Wrapping it Up: Is Fairfield by Marriott Belitung Worth It?
Absolutely. It's not flawless, but it’s a fantastic base for exploring Belitung. It offers a great balance of comfort, relaxation, and convenience. And at its price point, it’s an excellent value.
My Verdict: Go! Book it! You won't regret it. Then, come back and tell me what you thought. And pack your sunscreen!
SEO Optimized Summary & Call to Action:
Fairfield by Marriott Belitung Review: Paradise Found? (Luxury Getaway in Indonesia!)
Looking for an unforgettable Indonesian getaway? Fairfield by Marriott Belitung offers stunning ocean views, luxurious amenities (pool, spa, fitness center), and convenient access. This detailed review covers accessibility, dining, cleanliness, and much more! Experience tranquility with free Wi-Fi, comfortable rooms, and friendly service. Perfect for couples, families, and solo travelers seeking paradise.
Book your stay at Fairfield by Marriott Belitung today! Escape to Indonesia and discover the beauty and relaxation that awaits you. Click here for availability and special offers! #Belitung #Indonesia #FairfieldMarriott #LuxuryTravel #BeachVacation #HotelReview #ParadiseFound #TravelIndonesia #SpaGetaway #FamilyVacation #WheelchairAccessibleHotels #CleanHotels #IndonesiaHotels
Delhi's Hottest Secret: Couples' Paradise at IP Royal Hotel (NCR)
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this Fairfield itinerary isn't your grandma's meticulously planned spreadsheet. This is more of a… well, a confession, really. And it involves sunshine, questionable decisions, and probably, a whole lotta sand in places it shouldn't be. We're hitting up that Fairfield by Marriott in Belitung, Indonesia. Wish me luck, because I'm going in blind.
Day 1: Arrival & The Great Coconut Debacle (aka, I'm Already Behind)
- Morning (ish): Okay, so the flight should have landed at 9 am, but let's just say Indonesian airports aren't exactly known for their punctuality. We're talking Bali time, folks, which means… when it happens, it happens. Eventually. Finally, after some serious hangry grumbling and way too much airport coffee (the kind that tastes like regret), we actually make it. Bleary-eyed, sun-addicted from the get-go, we taxi to the Fairfield. The lobby? Clean, crisp, and exactly what you want from a chain hotel. My brain, however, is currently a scrambled egg.
- Afternoon: Check-in. Sweet, sweet air conditioning. Now, let's be honest: I did plan to spend the afternoon lounging by the pool, sipping something fruity and pretending I know how to read a novel. Instead? Disaster strikes (in the form of a coconut). I, in my infinite wisdom, decided to directly attempt to crack a coconut myself, which, let's just say, involved a dull knife, a rapidly escalating internal monologue of "Oh god, oh god, I'm going to stab myself," and an eventual surrender to the resort staff. (Who, bless their hearts, were probably both horrified and amused.) My new nickname? "The Coconut Crusher."
- Evening: After a shower that felt like a religious experience (that jet lag is REAL, people), we hit the hotel restaurant. I, being a culinary adventurer of the highest order, order the gado-gado. It was a gamble and a delicious one and I swear, I could EAT. IT. EVERY. DAY. Then, promptly crashed sometime after 8 pm. No fancy sunset views for me tonight. I'm pretty sure I was asleep before my head even hit the pillow.
Day 2: Island Hopping & The (Near) Drowning Experience
- Morning: Okay, this is what I came for. Island hopping! We booked a boat tour to see those iconic Belitung rock formations and pristine beaches. Sunscreen? Check. Enthusiasm? Double-check! The boat ride itself was pure bliss. Turquoise water, the sun beating down – picture postcard stuff. Then, we arrive and I can SEE the iconic rock formation, I'm ready to take some photos!
- Afternoon: Snorkeling! I'm not the world's strongest swimmer (let's just say my technique involves a lot of paddling and praying). At this point, however, it happened. In the midst of a moment I'm not sure how it happened, and I'm pretty sure the ocean tried to kill me. There was a moment when all I could do was watch the world spinning around me and my life flash before my eyes.
- Evening: Back at the hotel, I spent a significant amount of time on the balcony, staring at the ocean, processing. My friend, noticing my mood, suggested a massage. Fine. It felt like I was floating in a cloud. Dinner was simple: Nasi Goreng (because, comfort food). Bed. Deep, sleep.
Day 3: The Lighthouse, The "Lost" Suitcase, and a Confession
- Morning: We trekked over to Lengkuas Island and its iconic lighthouse. The climb to the top? A workout, folks. Seriously. But the view? Worth every single wheeze and ache. I'm talking panoramic, awe-inspiring, "I could stay here forever" views. Seriously, the air up there was so crisp and clean, it felt like a reset button for my soul.
- Afternoon: That morning, I realized that my luggage hadn't arrived with me. We spent a good hour with the front desk, my attempts at explanation deteriorating into a pathetic, hand-waving pantomime of "WHERE ARE MY CLOTHES?!" Eventually, the hotel staff said that they sent a taxi to the airport to pick them up, but they are still on their way.
- Evening: As the sun dips low, painting the sky in fiery hues, I have a confession. I'm not exactly a "beach person." I'm more of a "read a book on the balcony person." But Belitung… Belitung has gotten to me. The imperfections, the mishaps, the near-drowning, the missing luggage. It's all become part of the experience. I'm starting to understand the magic this place holds. Dinner? Simple. The hotel staff and I are still talking about the luggage.
Day 4: Departure & The Promise of Return (Maybe)
- Morning: The suitcase finally arrived! The hotel staff was so happy to see me! I spent the morning wandering the beach, trying to soak up every last bit of sun and sand.
- Afternoon: Time to leave. Back to the airport. I swear, Indonesian airports are designed to induce anxiety.
- Evening: Safe back home. Belitung and the Fairfield are now just a beautiful, slightly messy, memory. Will I go back? Absolutely. Belitung, you beautiful, chaotic, coconut-cracking island, you stole a piece of my heart. And I can't wait to return and try again.
(Important Note: This itinerary is subject to change based on mood swings, spontaneous adventures, and the whims of the Indonesian weather gods.)
Atlanta Marietta Escape: Hampton Inn & Suites Luxury Awaits!
Fairfield by Marriott Belitung: Your Belitung Bliss? (Let's See!) – FAQ-ish…Thing
Okay, so you’re thinking Belitung, huh? And, specifically, the Fairfield by Marriott? Smart move, probably. I mean, I went. Survived. Got the tan. The mosquito bites…less so. So, let's dive into the questions, shall we? Prepare for honesty. And maybe a little bit of, well, me.
Is Fairfield by Marriott Belitung actually luxurious? Or is it "luxury" as in, "has air conditioning and a pool"?
Okay, *luxury*. Let's define that. If you’re expecting Dubai-level opulence, mahogany everything, and a butler who knows your life story…lower those expectations. It's more…refined. Comfortable. Think clean lines, a breezy vibe, and a pool that actually *looks* like the pictures. The rooms are decent-sized. They have the standard Marriott stuff. I wouldn't say *uber* luxurious. But the quality of the service is good. If you are looking for an Instagram perfect experience you will probably find it here.
Anecdote Time: I remember checking in and the AC was *bafflingly* cold. I'm talking, "I need a parka to sit on the balcony" cold. I called down, expecting a hassle. This always happens at hotels. But the engineer was up like, immediately! Fixed it. Bliss. Small victories, people. Small victories.
What's the food like? I heard Indonesian food can be…intense.
The food! Okay. The breakfast buffet is the usual Marriott affair. Eggs. Bacon. Yogurt. Some questionable-looking pastries (seriously, stick to the toast, you know?). BUT, and here's the crucial but…they have a local Indonesian section! And listen, some of it *was* intense. Very, very spicy. My mouth was on fire. But also? Delicious. Absolutely delicious. Don't be a wimp. Try the nasi goreng. Try the mie goreng. Embrace the chili. You'll recover. Probably.
Rambling Thought: I swear, I ate a chili pepper that may or may not have given me superpowers. Or at least, the ability to withstand 90-degree heat. Either way, the food itself is generally fairly good. You are also on the island of belitung. Good food is easy to access. And it is really good if you look for it.
Is the pool good? Because I spend approximately 97% of my hotel time in the pool.
The pool. YES. The pool is a highlight. Big enough for a decent swim. Plenty of lounge chairs. And, crucially, it's clean. Like, sparkling clean. I spent hours in that pool. Honestly, I barely left it. I read a book. I napped. I people-watched (which is a very low-key fun pastime). Basically, the pool is your friend. Your very wet, chlorine-scented friend.
Quirky Observation: The pool bar is nice. It has a lot of very colourful drinks. And a lot of them are probably not very good. It’s a hotel bar. We’re not expecting miracles. But that’s part of the charm, right? It's a space to chill and just be.
What's the location like? Is it far from everything?
The location is…pretty ideal, actually. You're close enough to Tanjung Tinggi Beach (the famous one with the giant granite boulders!), which is an absolute must-see. You can get there by taxi or, if you're feeling adventurous…rent a scooter! (But be careful. Traffic is…interesting.) It is not directly on the beach, but a short taxi ride away. Which is a plus in most cases.
Are there mosquitoes?! And how do I survive them?
Oh, the mosquitoes. They're there. They're hungry. Pack the bug spray. The super-strength, jungle-level stuff. Apply liberally. Reapply every hour. Seriously. You will get bitten. It's inevitable. But bug spray… it's like a shield. Mostly. I learned this the hard way. The first night was a disaster. My legs looked like a polka-dotted mess. The next day, I was a spray-applying maniac. It helped. Mostly.
Emotional Reaction: Those little buzzers are the worst. They’re the enemy! They take out the enjoyment of a perfect beach getaway.
Is this "Paradise Found" thing legit? Or are we just talking about a nice pool and some decent food?
Okay, "Paradise Found". That's a big claim, right? Does the Fairfield *fully* deliver on that? Probably not. Paradise is a state of mind, not a hotel brand. But…Belitung itself? Absolutely gorgeous. The beaches are stunning. The rocks are awe-inspiring. The people are friendly. And the Fairfield? It provides a comfortable, convenient base to explore it all. So, no, your life won't be magically transformed. BUT, it's a good starting point. A very good starting point.
Messy Structure Alert: Okay, look. I went with my partner. We had a fight. I think it was about the air conditioning. I'm pretty sure I was the one being the problem. And that moment with the mosquito bites nearly caused a breakdown. But, in the end, it was amazing. Belitung is a place that sort of… melts your worries away. Even if you get bitten. Even if you are a disaster. The Fairfield is no perfect hotel, but it is good, very good. And yes, the island is paradise.
Anything else I should know or consider while staying at the Fairfield Belitung?
Opinionated Language: Okay, yes. Consider these things:
- Get a massage: Seriously. They're cheap. And they're amazing. That is non-negotiable.
- Explore: Don't just stay in the hotel. Go to the beaches. Go snorkeling. Explore the island.
- Learn a few basic Indonesian phrases: "Terima kasih" (thank you) goes a long way.
- Don't expect perfection: Things might not always go to plan. Embrace the chaos.
- Tip the staff: The service is generally very good. A little extra appreciation goes a long way too.

