Addis Ababa's BEST Western Plus Hotel: Unbeatable Luxury & Location!

Best Western Plus Addis Ababa Addis Ababa Ethiopia

Best Western Plus Addis Ababa Addis Ababa Ethiopia

Addis Ababa's BEST Western Plus Hotel: Unbeatable Luxury & Location!

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the swirling, chaotic, and utterly captivating world of the BEST Western Plus Hotel in Addis Ababa: Unbeatable Luxury & Location! Yes, the exclamation points are deserved. This isn't just a hotel review; it's a full-blown experience report, complete with spilled coffee, existential questions about the meaning of hotel-ness, and enough opinions to fuel a small country.

First Impressions: Getting There (and the Initial Panic)

Let's be honest, Addis Ababa can be… well, a vibe. Getting to the hotel from the airport? Smooth sailing, thanks to their Airport transfer. Phew, because after a long flight, navigating Ethiopian traffic feels like playing a real-life version of Frogger. The exterior corridor and security [24-hour] were immediately reassuring – a small thing, but after a flight, you just want safe, right? The building itself is modern, and the doorman was a godsend, wrestling my luggage while I fumbled for my passport. Car park [free of charge] is HUGE bonus, especially since I had a driver, but the car power charging station seems like a forward-thinking touch (shoutout to the future!).

Accessibility: A Sigh of Relief (and a Grumble of Curiosity)

Okay, let's get real. Facilities for disabled guests are listed and you know I'm going to look into them. I spent an entire afternoon asking staff and exploring to find out what that actually means. The Elevator is a MUST. Some areas seem pretty wheelchair-accessible, and I'll be honest, they're doing better than some places I went to in Europe. I was a little disappointed that I didn't see handi-cap accessible rooms, but it's important to note the place is clean and that's a big deal.

Rooms: My Kingdom for a Blackout Curtain!

Okay, let's talk room. I went for a non-smoking room (obviously). The Air conditioning was a life-saver, because Addis afternoons can get toasty. The Blackout curtains? Glorious. I’m a light sleeper, so those were essential for a good night's sleep. The Bed, extra long and comfy, with fresh linens. The mirror was big enough to get ready in (essential!), and the desk was a good size for working when I needed to. I'm a total sucker for a good coffee/tea maker, and they, had all the nice things to prepare a great cuppa.

And the bathroom? Well, it was clean, the shower worked, the towels were fluffy, and I did love using the bathtub after a long day outside. The slippers were a nice touch but I did forget to use them! The hair dryer was a lifesaver because my hair is super thick! The safe box made me feel super safe. But where was the Alarm clock I really, really needed!

Internet: A Necessary Evil (and Mostly Good)

Internet access is, for many of us, a life-or-death situation. Thankfully, the free Wi-Fi in all rooms was pretty solid. I didn’t experience any serious dropouts, and was able to work without stressing. I did, however, notice that Internet [LAN] was also listed suggesting an option for wired connectivity, and I did notice that the Wi-Fi in public areas was really good.

Dining: From Buffets to Ethiopian Delights (and My Stomachs’ Tale!)

Oh boy, the food. Let's just say my waistline noticed. The Breakfast [buffet] was… extensive. Think every kind of bread imaginable, along with fresh fruit, pastries, and the usual suspects. The Asian breakfast offerings perked up my appetite. And the coffee/tea in restaurant was always great. The Restaurants offered both International cuisine and the very tasty Asian cuisine I tried. The Soup in restaurant was a must, and the salad in restaurant was good. I didn't try the vegetarian restaurant but it was good to see there was one. I liked that the bottle of water was complimentary. One night, I ordered room service [24-hour]… glorious.

Things to Do & Ways to Relax: Spa-tacular (Mostly!)

Okay, the Spa… I didn’t get a chance to experience the full range of facilities. I heard that the Swimming pool [outdoor] was great, especially with a Pool with view. I wanted to try the sauna and steamroom, and I've heard good things!

Cleanliness and Safety: Feeling Secure (Despite My Own Paranoia)

Okay, safety… this is where the BEST Western Plus truly shines. From the moment I checked in, I felt safe. The CCTV in common areas and CCTV outside property are reassuring, and there's Security [24-hour]. They've implemented some SERIOUS precautions, and I felt really well looked after.

Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter

The Concierge was a godsend. They booked taxis, gave directions, and even recommended a fantastic local restaurant. The Cash withdrawal machine was REALLY useful. And the Daily housekeeping? My room was spotless every single day.

For the Kids & For the Couple (I Can't Comment On These Directly!)

I traveled solo, so I can't personally vouch for the Babysitting service or the Family/child friendly aspects - but I did see families there and everyone seemed happy! I did try to find the Couple's room but never found it!

Getting Around: Easy Peasy (Mostly)

Airport transfer? Check. Taxi service? Check. The included car park [free of charge] was brilliant, and I think there's valet parking.


Okay, Deep Breath. The Verdict?

The BEST Western Plus Hotel in Addis Ababa: Unbeatable Luxury & Location! is a winner. The high standards of Cleanliness and safety are impressive. The Unbeatable Luxury & Location! is not just a tagline. You genuinely feel taken care of. The slightly chaotic energy of Addis is balanced by the calmness of the hotel,. It has a good balance of modern amenities and a warm, welcoming atmosphere. I’ll definitely be back.

The Quirky Anecdote

One morning, I ordered the breakfast in room. It arrived, and I realized I forgot to order coffee. I called down, explained my oversight, and the amazing service staff sent up a fresh pot of coffee within minutes. Now that's service. That's what I call doing a good job.

The Honest Critique

There were a few minor hiccups – nothing major, mostly small things that make you sigh and move on – but the good heavily outweighs the tiny imperfections.

The Emotional Outburst

Honestly? I needed this hotel. After the initial shock of arriving in Addis, the BEST Western Plus was my oasis. It offered a welcome respite.


Here's My Compelling Offer (and Why YOU Should Book!)

Tired of Bland Stays? Crave an Oasis in the Ethiopian Adventure? Book the BEST Western Plus in Addis Ababa NOW!

Imagine this: You step off a long flight, the humid air tingles on your skin. You need… escape. You deserve… luxury.

The BEST Western Plus Hotel in Addis Ababa understands. We're not just offering a room; we're offering an experience. A sanctuary in the heart of a vibrant city.

Here's what you'll get:

  • Unbeatable Location: Get easy access to the airport.
  • Uncompromising Cleanliness & Safety: Relax and explore.
  • Pampering & Relaxation: Indulge in the spa, pool, and all the amenities.

But wait, there's more!

Limited-time Offer: Book within the next 72 hours and receive a complimentary upgrade to a room with a balcony and a bottle of Ethiopian wine.

Don't wait! Addis Ababa awaits. Your comfort awaits.

Book your stay at the BEST Western Plus Hotel in Addis Ababa NOW!

(Link to Booking Website)

Hanoi's Hidden Gem: Hoàng Gia Hotel - Unforgettable Luxury Awaits

Book Now

Best Western Plus Addis Ababa Addis Ababa Ethiopia

Best Western Plus Addis Ababa Addis Ababa Ethiopia

Okay, buckle up, buttercups. We're going to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. And trust me, this won't be your sanitized, overly-optimistic travel blog. This is the real deal. The "I-probably-shouldn't-have-eaten-that-but-it-was-delicious" edition. Here's the plan, or what's left of it after I inevitably get sidetracked. We're staying at the Best Western Plus, and that, frankly, is where the stability ends.

Day 1: Arrival (and the Great Coffee Crisis)

  • Morning (Let's Pretend): Arrive Bole International Airport. Okay, first impression? It's… hotter than I expected. And the air! A heady mix of dust, diesel, and something indefinably… new. Immigration was surprisingly smooth. Maybe I just look harmless? Or maybe they're used to bewildered tourists.
  • Mid-Morning (Chaos Ensues): Taxi to the Best Western Plus. Now, here's where my first (minor) meltdown happened. The driver, bless his heart, spoke about three words of English. The hotel? Turns out it's a bit further than I initially thought. The drive? An adventure on its own. Think potholes the size of small craters and a symphony of honking that never, ever stops.
  • Afternoon (Coffee. I NEED Coffee.): Check-in at the hotel. Honestly, it’s pretty decent. Clean, air-conditioned, a welcome respite from the… well, everything. The real EMERGENCY: I needed coffee. Ethiopian coffee. THE coffee. Apparently, the hotel has a coffee shop. Score! I envisioned the perfect start. I thought.
  • Afternoon (Coffee Shock): Okay, so it looked delicious. But the first sip? BOOM! My eyes nearly popped out of my head. Strong. Bitter. Glorious. I swear I could taste the history, the sun-drenched slopes of the highlands, the dreams of a thousand farmers. It was a spiritual experience. Honestly, I had to sit down . I ordered a second cup - I felt invincible. I ordered another cup. I was going to be great at this travel thing.
  • Evening (Debrief and Dinner Debacle): Found myself wandering around the Piazza, soaking it all in. The smells, the sights the people… Wow. I felt a little overwhelmed, but in a good way. My energy was high - I'd had coffee after all. I decided to try a local restaurant. This is where the "let's say I made a poor choice" of restaurant began. It looked great. Inside, though? A symphony of flies and a menu in Amharic. I managed to order something (I think it was a stew) that looked like it had been simmering since the dawn of time. The taste? Intriguing. Let's just leave it there. Back at the hotel, I crashed. Jet lag is a cruel mistress.

Day 2: History, Hustle, and a Lost Wallet (Maybe)

  • Morning (Recovery Coffee): Thank heavens for the hotel coffee. Seriously, I think it’s keeping me from just curled up in a ball.
  • Mid-Morning (Holy Trinity Church): Holy Trinity Cathedral. The architecture is beautiful, but the true value is the peace and quiet, compared to everything else. The tombs of Emperor Haile Selassie and his wife? Well done. I found myself overcome, feeling the weight of history.
  • Afternoon (More Coffee, and More Haggling): The Merkato. Prepare yourself. It’s a sprawling, chaotic marketplace. Imagine every single thing you can imagine, and then some. And everyone wants your business. Which is fine. I haggled for a scarf. I’m not sure how much I actually paid, but I’m pretty sure the vendor got the upper hand. I needed another coffee (surprise!).
  • Late Afternoon/Early Evening (Lost and Found and Lost Again): Back at the hotel. Checked. Rechecked my bag. My wallet was not there. It started. The panic, the flashbacks of where I had been. I found a number for a local police office and phoned. I could barely get the words out. I managed to tell them I’d possibly lost my wallet. The policeman sounded busy. I didn’t have high hopes.
  • Evening (Dinner and Reflect): I headed back to the Piazza. I found a small restaurant to try again. Nothing extraordinary this time. Simple Injera with some mild vegetable dishes. A simple reminder that I could be happy.
  • After Dark, (It's a Miracle): Suddenly, there was a tap on my shoulder. A young woman was holding my wallet. I’d left it in the coffee shop at the hotel. She'd been on the same flight as me and, when my wallet became visible, had had been able to follow me to the hotel. This is the best part of the story. I was so utterly stunned. I'd recovered my wallet. It was incredible.

Day 3: Museums, Mountains, and the Aftermath

  • Morning (Museums and Memories): The National Museum. Fascinating. Lucy! I stood in front of her skeleton, this tiny human being from some 3.2 million years ago, just…gobsmacked. What a testament to humanity. What a great start to the day!
  • Mid-Morning (Entoto Mountain Hike): A taxi ride up Entoto Mountain. The views? Stunning. Yes, I sweated. A lot. But the city stretching out below, and the fresh air? Worth it.
  • Afternoon (Back at the Hotel): More coffee (naturally). After all the effort, I needed to recharge.
  • Evening (Planning to leave): I packed up my travel bag. A bittersweet feeling. Leaving Addis Ababa. It had been an incredible trip.
  • Final Bit: The Best Western Plus? Decent, solid, everything I needed. But it's the city itself… it’s a whirlwind.

Final Thoughts:

Addis Ababa is not for the faint of heart. It's a sensory overload. It's also… captivating. It’s exhausting, exhilarating, frustrating, and beautiful all rolled into one. I’ve come to the conclusion that I could live here. If the coffee never runs out. And if my wallet stays put. Would I recommend it? Absolutely. Would I do it again? Without hesitation. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m off to find one last espresso. And maybe a strong recommendation for the best coffee in the area.

Bali's BEST D Beds Hostel: Unbeatable Prices & Epic Parties!

Book Now

Best Western Plus Addis Ababa Addis Ababa Ethiopia

Best Western Plus Addis Ababa Addis Ababa EthiopiaOkay, buckle up, because we're about to dive headfirst into the chaotic, glorious reality of the BEST Western Plus Hotel in Addis Ababa. Forget the perfect, corporate brochure speak. This is the *real* deal, warts and all. And yes, I have some *opinions*.

So, is this place REALLY "Unbeatable Luxury & Location," as they claim?

Okay, let's start with the location. YES. Absolutely, positively YES. It's smack-dab in the city center. You trip over historic buildings and bustling markets. You're *right there*. But "unbeatable luxury"? That’s where it gets… well, let’s just say it's Addis Ababa luxury. It's not the Burj Al Arab. It's more like, "Hey, remember that awesome Ethiopian coffee? Well, we’ve got a kettle in your room!" (Which, by the way, is a HUGE win.) My first evening there, I was so overwhelmed by the traffic and noise outside that I nearly had a panic attack. Took me an hour to calm myself. That's the chaotic charm of Addis! But then, I ordered room service... and that, my friends, was a slice of heaven. Chicken Tibs at 2 AM? Don't mind if I do. So, luxury? Debatable. Convenient, delicious, and a lifesaver? Absolutely.

The Rooms: Are they actually... nice? I saw some photos...

Right, the rooms. The photos are…optimistic. They're clean. Let's start there. Clean is HUGE in Addis. The beds are comfy enough after a day of exploring, but not the cloud-like experience of, say, a Four Seasons. My first room, I swear, I could hear the elevator going WHOOSH all night. Like, it was living in my ear. I complained. They moved me. Second room was fine, perfect even. Then, I went to hang my shirt and the hanger broke. Little things, you know? Annoying. But hey, they fixed it immediately. The view? Depending on your room, potentially stunning. I preferred the view of the mountains. The gym? Well equipped... though I'm not sure I ever actually made it in there. Coffee maker: brilliant!

Food & Beverage: What's the deal? I'm a picky eater.

Okay, the food! The breakfast buffet is… serviceable. Lots of options, which is good. You can find something to satisfy most palates. The injera is *decent*, which is also good. Let's be honest, the coffee *saved* me. Days I didn't want to face the chaos and just needed my coffee. The restaurant has a decent selection of international and local dishes. I ate the pasta carbonara and, I have to say, it was quite good. The thing to know is, you're in Ethiopia. Embrace the local flavors! But don't expect Michelin star expectations. The service can be a bit…slow, so plan accordingly. I learned to order my coffee *before* I sat down.

About that Location… Is it REALLY as convenient as they say?

Oh, it's *convenient*. So. Convenient. Everything you *need* is within walking distance or a short taxi ride (negotiate the price *before* you get in). The National Museum? Close. Piazza, the historical district? Close. Shops, restaurants, all right there. The downside? The noise. The traffic is *insane*. Be prepared for a constant stream of honking. But being able to walk out the door and be *in* Addis Ababa? Absolutely worth it. It's like you're plugged into the city's electric grid. One morning, I wandered into a coffee shop just down the street and had the best macchiato of my life. That convenience? Priceless. And the little convenience store next door to the hotel? A lifesaver!

The Staff? What's the vibe?

The staff? Mostly wonderful. Honestly. They are incredibly friendly and helpful. They go the extra mile. They *try*. There was one time the internet in my room went out and I was desperate to check on my family back home. I called the front desk nearly in tears. They sent a technician up within *minutes*. (Which, by the way, is record time in Addis!) The only issue is language can be a bit of a barrier sometimes. But the heart is there, and that’s what really matters. I had a situation I needed help with, which was difficult. I’ve never had such a supportive staff, they were absolutely wonderful. It made me feel like I wasn't alone in a foreign city.

Is it safe? I’m a solo traveler...worried about walking around.

Addis is generally safe, but you always need to be aware. That being said, I felt safe walking around during the day. At night, I would either take a taxi or stay indoors. The hotel has security, so that definitely helps! At night especially, take the taxi. Don't flash your expensive jewelry. Know your surroundings. Simple precautions. But don't let the fear completely paralyze you! I met the greatest people, exploring on foot. The hotel staff were always very helpful in arranging safe taxis.

Anything terrible? Any major cons?

Okay, the cons. Noise. I mentioned it. The traffic, the construction. It can be overwhelming. The Wi-Fi can be spotty. Sometimes you need to reboot your device! The price. It's a bit pricier than other hotels in Addis. But you're paying for the location and a certain level of comfort. And the water pressure in the shower, sometimes. It was like a gentle rain shower... if the clouds were feeling lazy. The gym is great though. The price? It's not cheap. But you're paying for location and comfort. I will say this: I did find a tiny cockroach in my bathroom the first morning. Not thrilled. Mentioned it. Gone. Seriously.

Overall: Would you stay there again?

Honestly? Yes. Despite the imperfections, the BEST Western Plus in Addis is a solid choice. The location is KING. And, after a long day of navigating the beautiful, chaotic energy of Addis, it's a welcome refuge. I’d go back. I’d order that chicken tibs again at 2 AM. And I'd definitely grab a coffee *before* I even thought about going to breakfast. It’s not perfect. It's not flawless. But it’s *real*. And sometimes, that’s all you need. My heart is still there.

Any tips for first-timers?

Chicstayst

Best Western Plus Addis Ababa Addis Ababa Ethiopia

Best Western Plus Addis Ababa Addis Ababa Ethiopia

Best Western Plus Addis Ababa Addis Ababa Ethiopia

Best Western Plus Addis Ababa Addis Ababa Ethiopia