
Thredbo Squatters' Run 6: Conquer the Aussie Alps!
Alright, buckle up buttercups and grab a virtual ski pole, because we're diving headfirst into Thredbo Squatters' Run 6: Conquer the Aussie Alps! And trust me, after a week spent battling the fresh powder, navigating the (sometimes bewildering) amenities, and generally trying not to fall flat on my face (literally and figuratively), I've got the lowdown. This ain't your sanitized, corporate hotel review; this is the unvarnished truth, served with a side of après-ski exhaustion.
First Impressions (& The Accessibility Angle - Because Let's Be Real, Life Isn't Always a Smooth Run):
Okay, so the name itself, "Squatters' Run," had me picturing a rustic cabin, maybe a dodgy outhouse situation. Thankfully, it's not that kind of squatting. It's more like… a luxury squatting, if that makes any sense. The location? Gorgeous. Right there in Thredbo Village, a stone's throw from the lifts. That scores major points right off the bat.
Accessibility? Alright, listen up because I’m going to be upfront: Thredbo Squatters' Run 6 isn't the most completely accessible place. You'll find facilities for disabled guests, which is a plus, and the elevator is key (especially after a day of skiing). I couldn't get eyes on the exact accessibility of all aspects of the hotel, so call ahead to clarify regarding wheelchair-friendly access to specific rooms, restaurants, and other venues, you know? They do have an indoor venue for special events, which sounds interesting!
They claim to be "Family/child friendly," so, bonus points for the little ones. However, if mobility is a major concern and you're relying on absolute ease of movement, double check with them about your specific needs, my friends. They are very clear on their stance: "The hotel is ideal for non-smokers, and it features smoke alarms, fire extinguishers, and CCTV to help you relax further.
Internet – Because Let's Face It, You're Probably Still Working/Posting on Insta:
Okay, this is crucial. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Yes! And it actually works. Thank goodness. The Internet access is pretty solid, and they even boast Internet [LAN] if you're old-school. Wi-Fi is also available in public areas, a godsend when you're trying to upload that perfect Instagram pic of you looking effortlessly cool (even if you secretly face-planted five minutes prior).
The Rooms: A Cozy Alpine Nest (Or a Place to Pass Out After a Brutal Day):
My room? It had air conditioning – essential for those unexpected bursts of summer heat. Blackout curtains? Yes, please. After a day of shredding the slopes, you'll need those. Bathtub? Delightful for soaking those weary muscles. They even have additional toilet, which is a lifesaver for when you're traveling with a crew. Plus, the soundproofing was top-notch; I never heard a peep from the hallway, which is a miracle in itself. The mini bar had tempting goodies (I may or may not have raided it), and there's a coffee/tea maker because, well, coffee is life. The reading light was a nice touch for late-night novel escapes, and an iron, too. The slippers were a bonus too!
The downside? I didn't get a high-floor room, and the view wasn't as breathtaking as I'd hoped. But hey, I wasn’t complaining too much. Each room has non-smoking options, private bathroom, and separate shower/bathtub, and it was neat and tidy.
Food, Glorious Food (and the Aftermath of Eating Too Much Cheese):
Right, the grub. This is where things get interesting. There's a breakfast [buffet] and a breakfast service - and don't get me started on the Western breakfast. You can also choose from a buffet in restaurant, or, if you're feeling fancy, a la carte in restaurant. They claim Asian cuisine in restaurant, too, which might be neat.
My anecdote? One night, I completely overdid it at the buffet. Plates piled high with cheese, bread, and more cheese. The desserts in restaurant were calling my name, so I dove in, of course. Let's just say I spent the next few hours regretting every single cheddar-filled decision. Moral of the story? Pace yourself. But also, enjoy the cheese. It's what makes Thredbo, well, Thredbo.
The hotel offers a poolside bar, snack bar, and you can score a bottle of water. There's room service [24-hour] (perfect for those late-night cravings) and options to take breakfast in room if you need it. The hotel also has restaurants and coffee/tea in restaurant.
Ways to Relax (Or, How to Recover from Your Epic Skiing Day):
This is where Thredbo Squatters' Run 6 really shines. The spa/sauna is a must. That dry heat, that glorious silence… pure bliss. You have a Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath, and, more importantly, a massage. Get the massage. Seriously. It's worth every penny.
There's a swimming pool [outdoor] (though I preferred the warmer, indoor options), and a pool with view. Plenty of opportunities to de-stress!
The Gym/Fitness Center:
Okay, let me be honest. I intended to use the fitness center. I even packed my workout gear. But after a day of skiing? Let's just say the only exercise I got was walking from the lift to the bar. Still, the fact that it's there is a plus, I suppose.
Cleanliness & Safety - Because, You Know, Pandemic Times:
They're pushing the cleanliness angle hard. Anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, and rooms sanitized between stays – good to see, and reassuring. They've got hand sanitizer everywhere. The staff trained in safety protocol, which is a plus. So, you can rest assured, they're taking it seriously.
Other Bits and Bobs – A Whirlwind of Services and Amenities:
- Cashless payment service: A lifesaver! No need to fumble with cash after a day on the slopes.
- Concierge: They can help with anything and everything.
- Daily housekeeping: Rooms are kept looking spick-and-span.
- Food delivery: For those times when you just can't face leaving your cozy room.
- Luggage storage: Essential if you arrive early or leave late.
- Dry cleaning: For those embarrassing coffee spills (me!).
- Safe dining setup: They keep the food safe!
Things to Do (Besides Skiing, Obviously):
Thredbo is packed with activities. There's the obvious – skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing. But in the summer, you can hike, bike, or just wander around and marvel at the scenery. I saw a few people going on bicycle parking.
The Dark Side… (Because No Place is Perfect):
- Pricey: Let's be real, Thredbo ain't cheap. Factor in the cost of everything.
- Lack of spontaneity: Thredbo is a popular destination, so booking in advance is critical, and forget about spontaneity.
- The crowd. Thredbo gets really busy.
The Verdict:
Thredbo Squatters' Run 6: Conquer the Aussie Alps! is a solid choice. Great location, comfortable rooms, decent food, and a superb spa. However, it's not perfect, and certain people may not find it completely accessible.
SEO-Focused Summary (because I know you're here for the Google juice):
- Keywords: Thredbo, Squatters' Run 6, Aussie Alps, Thredbo accommodation, Thredbo hotel, skiing, snowboarding, spa, restaurant, swimming pool, free Wi-Fi, accessibility, family-friendly.
- Focus: This review emphasizes the unique experience of staying at Thredbo Squatters' Run 6, highlighting its amenities, location, and overall appeal. It pays close attention to accessibility, cleaning protocols, safety, and dining options, using rich language to appeal to potential guests.
The Ultimate Offer (and How to Book That Damn Room):
Okay, here's the deal. Book your escape to Thredbo Squatters' Run 6 now and receive a complimentary bottle of local wine, plus a 20% discount on your first spa treatment! Why? Because you deserve a break after a day on the slopes. You deserve to relax, to indulge, to conquer the Aussie Alps… and maybe, just maybe, to eat too much cheese (I won't judge).
Click this link to book your adventure! [Insert Booking Link Here] Don't delay,
Ggulzam Hotel Yeosu: Your Unforgettable Korean Coastal Getaway!
Alright, buckle up buttercup. You're in for a Thredbo adventure with yours truly, and let me tell you, it's not going to be all Instagrammable sunrises and perfectly groomed pistes. This is the real deal, messy emotions and all. Welcome to Squatters Run, and let’s see what chaos we can conjure.
Thredbo's Squatters Run: My Unfiltered Itinerary (or, How I Survived the Snow)
Day 1: Arrival & The Grand (and Slightly Awkward) Unveiling
Morning (7:00 AM - 12:00 PM): The Great Trek Begins! Flight from Sydney. Ugh, airport security, a necessary evil. I spent WAY too much time worrying about whether my shampoo would explode in transit. (Spoiler alert: it did. A little.) Arrived in Cooma, which is… well, it's Cooma. The rental car was a beast. Managed to reverse into…nothing. (A tree, I think). Road trip to Thredbo commenced. The scenery? Stunning. Really. For a minute, I considered becoming one with nature. Then the GPS screamed.
Afternoon (12:00 PM - 5:00 PM): Check in at Squatters Run - Praise the heavens. The apartment… gorgeous. Fireplace? Check. Balcony overlooking the slopes? Check. But, the internet was slower than a glacier on a bad day. Made the fatal mistake of trying to upload an Instagram story immediately. Cue the rage. Unpacked. Unpacked some more. Decided to investigate the "Village Square". Found a coffee shop. Needed it. Badly. Almost tripped over a ridiculously adorable puppy. Consider adopting it. Rejected myself due to a lack of responsibility.
Evening (5:00 PM - onward): Dinner at… the pub? (Name escapes me, but it had a lot of wood). Ordered a massive burger. Ate most of it. Regretted it immediately. Conversed with a group of skiers, all incredibly tanned and confident. I, clearly, was not. Went back to the apartment. Admired the fire. Finally got the internet to work, only to discover I'd spent hours watching cat videos. Existential crisis incoming.
Day 2: The Slopes & The Existential Freeze
Morning (8:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Okay, time to conquer the mountain! or at least, attempt to. Ski hire. The boots. Dear God, the boots. Felt like I was walking on the moon. Went to my skiing lesson. My instructor, a sweet young lad named Finn, clearly took pity on me. “Just enjoy the view,” he said with a sigh. "The view" was mostly the ground. Repeatedly. Fell. A lot. At one point, I managed to get stuck in a tree well. Humiliating.
Afternoon (12:00 PM - 5:00 PM): Lunch. Comfort food needed. The bistro. Food. Good. Warm. Sat by the fire. People-watching. The sheer athleticism of others on display. My bruised ego, still thawing out. Contemplated quitting skiing entirely. Decided to try the beginner slope again. Managed a whole run without falling! Minor victory! Felt a moment of exhilaration. Then, I tripped over a tiny mogul. Again.
Evening (5:00 PM - onward): The hot tub. Bless the person who invented the hot tub. Sore muscles melted away. Stared at the stars. Realized I’d lost my ski gloves. Swore loudly. (Probably heard all over the village.) Ate. Slept.
Day 3: Altitude, Angst, and Apres-Ski Antics
Morning (8:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Another day, another attempt to avoid the ground. This time, I chose a slightly easier slope. Progress? Maybe. More falls? Definitely. The altitude started to get to me. Felt lightheaded. Like, the whole world was spinning. This is when I realized, I'm not cut out for this olympic skiing.
Afternoon (12:00 PM - 5:00 PM): Lunch at a different place. Food less good. Decided to try a more advanced run. Mistake. Huge mistake. Found a cozy cafe near the slopes, grabbed a hot chocolate and just watched the world go by. Sometimes, the best thing you can do is just sit and breathe.
Evening (5:00 PM - onward): Apres-ski time! Found a bar. The pub was busy, but so loud. I found a cozy bar with a fireplace and live music. Ordered a hot chocolate and watched the skiers revel in their victory. A surprisingly fun evening. I even spoke to a girl from London who had been coming to Thredbo with her family since she was little. The bond among these people made me feel jealous, but maybe, I'll get to have my own bond with Thredbo. A bond that is a little messy, imperfect, and hilarious, like me.
Day 4: Farewell… For Now?
Morning (8:00 AM - 12:00 PM): One last breakfast at Squatters Run. (The apartment was so good). Packing. Dread. Checking out. Driving back to Cooma. The inevitable drive home was hard. Sad about the end of the travel.
Afternoon (12:00 PM - 5:00 PM): Cooma, the airport, and the long flight home. Reflecting on the trip.
Evening (5:00 PM - onward): Back home. Exhausted. Sore. And weirdly, already missing the mountains. Found my ski gloves in the most obvious place. Decided, maybe, one day, I'll be back.
Quirky Observations and Emotional Reactions:
- The sheer amount of "piste" signs confused me more than the actual skiing.
- The smell of pine needles is intoxicating, until you realize you’re covered in snow.
- I’m pretty sure everyone in Thredbo is either incredibly fit or a seasoned professional. I'm neither.
- For a moment, I thought I was in a time warp from so many years ago.
- The fire. The fire was the only thing keeping me sane.
Imperfections and Rambles:
- Okay, so I may have spent a significant amount of time in the hot tub avoiding the slopes. Don't judge me.
- Lost count of how many times I fell. I'm pretty sure my ego stayed on the mountain after that first run.
- I probably spent more time people-watching than actual skiing. Okay, definitely.
- The whole trip went by too fast.
Final Thoughts:
Thredbo? Thredbo. A beautiful place to experience the snow, even if you’re a klutz. A place to stumble, laugh, and hopefully, learn to appreciate the simple things, like a warm fireplace and a decent hot chocolate. Would I go back? Absolutely. Would I be a better skier? Maybe not. But hey, at least I have some hilarious stories (and a few bruises) to show for it. Now, where's that cat video…
Hapjeong Haven: 5-Min Walk to Station, 5 Beds, 2 Baths!
Thredbo Squatters' Run 6: The Mud, the Mayhem, and My (Mostly) Loving Relationship with the Aussie Alps!
Okay, Spill the Beans! What *IS* the Squatters' Run, REALLY? And Why Did I Even Consider This?!
Alright, picture this: you, the stunning Aussie Alps, and a whole lotta...well, *stuff*. The Squatters' Run is a trail running race (and I use the word "race" loosely, because sometimes it felt more like a survival simulator) held in Thredbo, NSW. Think epic climbs, ridiculously stunning views (when the weather cooperates), and enough mud to rival a small, very muddy, very stubborn cow.
Why did I sign up? Honestly? Peer pressure. And a healthy dose of masochism. My mate, Dave, kept going on about it. "It'll be fun!" he chirped. "Great views!" he'd say. He conveniently left out the part about chafing, near-death experiences on slippery rocks, and the crippling fear of bears (okay, there are no bears, but my imagination runs wild). But hey, FOMO is a powerful motivator, and now, here I am!
So, The Views... Were They Actually Worth the Pain? Because My Knees Hurt Just Thinking About It.
Look, the views? Yeah, they were breathtaking. Absolutely. When I could actually *see* them. There were moments, glorious moments, where the clouds parted, and I was treated to sweeping vistas of mountains and valleys that made me want to weep (with joy, mostly). Then the clouds would roll back in, and it would be: steep, windy... and I couldn't see the hand in front of my face. This experience. I will never forget being in the clouds. After a gruelling ascent, I was rewarded with the most incredibly fleeting moment of clarity. Then, BAM! back in the soup. Felt like I was in the Upside Down!
The descent? Pure, unadulterated fear. I am not a downhill person. Give me uphill any day. At least there, you're only fighting gravity. Downhill? You're fighting gravity *and* the crippling desire to roll into a ball and give up. But that single moment from the summit; It was like, seeing the promise of paradise. And it made the pain... well, almost worth it. Almost.
Gear. Tell Me About Gear. Because I’m Already Cringing Thinking About My Poor Feet.
Ah, gear. My Achilles heel (pun intended, because my actual Achilles heel was screaming for mercy).
**Shoes:** Trail running shoes are essential. I stubbornly stuck with my slightly-too-old-but-comfy pair and regretted it. The grip was... sub-par. Slipped more times than a politician at a press conference. Invest in good shoes. Seriously. Also, learn to tie them properly. I had to stop, mid-stride, to re-tie mine at least a dozen times, each time wanting to cry.
**Clothing:** Layers. Layers are your friend. The weather in the mountains is bipolar. One minute you're basking in sunshine, the next you're battling a blizzard (okay, maybe not a blizzard, but close). My biggest mistake? Not bringing enough waterproof gear. Let's just say I spent a significant portion of the race feeling like I was slowly turning into a human sponge.
**The Hydration Pack:** Don't underestimate hydration. I was borderline obsessed with my water bladders and constantly worried I didn't bring enough. It meant a lot, but I couldn't stop, I could only keep going.
**The Unexpected Necessity?:** Duct tape. I was surprised by the amount of duct tape people had handy. I didn't get any use out of it, but I was very aware of it's potential.
What Was the Toughest Part of the Race? Mentally? Physically? Honestly, Both?
Both. Definitely both. Physically? The climbs. Dear God, the climbs. They just kept coming. And just when you thought you'd reached the top, another one loomed menacingly in the distance. I swear, one peak had a sign that read: "Congratulations! You've almost reached the bottom!"
Mentally? The self-doubt. The incessant, nagging voice that whispered, "You can't do this. Why are you doing this? Just turn around and go home. It's much warmer there. And you have snacks." I battled that voice relentlessly. There were moments where I wanted to quit, to curl up on a nice, fluffy rock and cry (again with the crying, apparently I’m a sensitive mountain goat). What kept me going? Stubbornness, mostly. And the thought of having to face Dave if I didn't finish.
And the Mud? The Glorious, Glorious Mud? Spill the Muddy Tea!
Oh, the mud. The mud was...an experience. It was everywhere. On my shoes, up my legs, splattered on my face (I suspect some of it ended up in my mouth, but I don't want to think about it). There were sections where I was basically wading through a swamp. At one point, I slipped and went down, HARD. Entirely submerged. I looked exactly like a sad, muddy monster. But you know what? It's part of the fun. Or at least, that's what I told myself as I was trying to unstick my shoe from the depths of a particularly viscous puddle. The mud was the ultimate equalizer, a reminder that we were all equally miserable, and therefore, strangely, in it together. The worst parts felt like a right of passage by the end.
Any Tips for Surviving (and Possibly Enjoying) the Squatters' Run? Because I’m Half-Convinced I’m Going to Sign Up Next Year.
Okay, assuming the masochistic part of you is shouting "YES!" here are my hard-earned words of wisdom:
1. **Train, people, TRAIN!** Seriously. Hills. Run up them. Run down them. Do it until you want to cry. Then do it some more.
2. **Invest in good gear.** Don’t be a cheapskate (unlike me). Your feet and your sanity will thank you.
3. **Embrace the suck.** There will be moments when you want to give up. Embrace it. Laugh at it. Then keep moving.
4. **Pack snacks. LOTS of snacks.** You’ll burn more calories than you think. And you’ll need something to fuel your inner monologue about why you signed up! I was not prepared for the sheer volume of food I consumed.
5. **Don't be afraid to walk.** No shame in walking the uphills. Conserve your energy. Enjoy the views (when you can see them).
6. **Have fun!** (I know, hard to believe). The sense of accomplishment at the finish line is incredible. And the shared camaraderie with other lunatics, priceless. Stay Mapped

